NGD There she goes again

What's Hot
Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1801

In some ways, in terms of a new guitar day, this will be a bit of a non-event for readers here as you have all seen it with this one time after time. I want to tell the tale if for no reason other than to thank @flyingv ;for his patience and all-round good guy for allowing this golden siren into my world.

She has certainly been a siren for my GAS and when I first saw her up for sale a few years back. I searched for another played slight relic Burny Goldtop all to no avail.

I sold all my Japanese Les Pauls nearly 7 years ago now and regret letting my  Burny go. So have been gradually adding back in Japanese Les Paul.

I missed her being listed and sold here three times, which is just plain annoying for a forum I look at most days but somehow missed the classifieds immediately she was listed and missed out.

After I missed the last sale I reached out to @flyingv ; and said if he did not get on with the Burny or decided to move it on let me know and I would appreciate the first refusal.

Anyway, we exchanged a few messages and very kindly @flyingv ; decided to help me out of my misery of missing it 3 times.

Thanks, Kev you are the man

happy days

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6914
    edited July 2019
    She, her, siren!

What the fuck are you on about?!

Did you buy a gold top guitar? 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Iamnobody said:
    She, her, siren!

What the fuck are you on about?!  
    It’s a Heidi Benton no?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2573
    Hope she meets the expectation after that journey hngd :+1:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7169
    love that crazy crackling mmmm
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    What's 'she' like in the sack?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555

In some ways, in terms of a new guitar day, this will be a bit of a non-event for readers here as you have all seen it with this one time after time. I want to tell the tale if for no reason other than to thank @flyingv ;for his patience and all-round good guy for allowing this golden siren into my world.

She has certainly been a siren for my GAS and when I first saw her up for sale a few years back. I searched for another played slight relic Burny Goldtop all to no avail.

I sold all my Japanese Les Pauls nearly 7 years ago now and regret letting my  Burny go. So have been gradually adding back in Japanese Les Paul.

I missed her being listed and sold here three times, which is just plain annoying for a forum I look at most days but somehow missed the classifieds immediately she was listed and missed out.

After I missed the last sale I reached out to @flyingv ; and said if he did not get on with the Burny or decided to move it on let me know and I would appreciate the first refusal.

Anyway, we exchanged a few messages and very kindly @flyingv ; decided to help me out of my misery of missing it 3 times.

Thanks, Kev you are the man

happy days

Hey Jez, your very welcome mate, hope after all this time it was worth the wait? Enjoy! 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1801
    Sassafras said:
    What's 'she' like in the sack?
    I think the answer is experienced, :-) she has been passed around the Fretboard village like a dockgate hooker on a long weekend. 
    Yeah might have been extremely Jet lagged when trying to write this.

But whatever I am loving it
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Ah I sssoooo want a gold top:(. Very nice:)
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Does she have a lefthanded sister
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1801
    Yeah I love a nice gold top and the fact that this has natural relicing on the top is I think unusual for what is a Fujigen Burny. 
    My old one was a thick poly finish that when a few bits chipped you could see it was seriously thick poly. 
    As all the previous owners have said the checking is natural and not from razor blades which I believe. I am wondering if it was one of those Japanese oddities with what they call a lacquered top the checking does not extend to the back or sides, either way, it's cool as I am not one for relicing but do think a Gold Top has a certain something. 
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    Do you know what, gold tops really ain't my thing, but that said I loved the story and the fact it's worked out so well for you in the end is what made it for me.  Well done that man
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19197
    I realise that this is a Greco, not a Burny & personally I don't like the relicing, but you might enjoy the read  ;)
    https://guitar.com/guides/diy-workshop/greco-goldtop-conversion-part-eight/
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    edited July 2019
    Enjoy it. It’s a great guitar! Will you fit the p90s do you think?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom