PSA Rivera Clubster £299

What's Hot
KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/rivera-clubster-45-combo-amp-2nd-hand-yother58897/

Seems a bit of a bargain, even with faulty reverb which could be an easy fix. Probably some room for haggling too?
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    That's crazy cheap!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4801
    That's an original model Clubster. I gigged one for several years and it never let me down and always sounded good even if the playing was sometimes a bit dodgy. Lovely clean channel. Lovely reverb (when working!). The overdrive channel uses an FET rather than an extra valve for a gain stage. Built like a tank, so surprising that the reverb isn't working. From memory, the reverb tank just plugs in with two RCA connectors. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    Big +1 to the above

I had the 25W version and gigged it for a year or so. Brilliant little thing and only sold as I needed master volume.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Fantastic amps.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    Like most of Rich Tone's used amps they could have sold it 100 times over were it not for their crazy 'collection only' policy on anything with valves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5667
    edited July 2019
    StefB said:
    Like most of Rich Tone's used amps they could have sold it 100 times over were it not for their crazy 'collection only' policy on anything with valves.

Agreed, it makes me laugh though that depsite it being collection only the ad still states:

Next Working Day Delivery Available

Want it tomorrow? Order within 25 mins

and:

We can ship this item worldwide via UPS courier - fully tracked and insured to your door. We can usually ship next day in the UK.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A lot of the time they post the same items on eBay with delivery as an option!!
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited July 2019
    Richtone are great but this is a silly policy to have and they must be the only big retailer that won’t ship used amps, madness 

I bought a used amp from them and had to hound them for months to post it and they wouldn’t budge. Only when Black Friday arrived did they give in and ship it to me.

Was a 6-7 hr round trip so simply didn’t have the time to drive all the way there and back 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4149
    Big +1 to the above

I had the 25W version and gigged it for a year or so. Brilliant little thing and only sold as I needed master volume.
    I remember that one - turned out we were bidding against each other for it! I had the Pubster 25w for a while and loved it. I'd go for this if they posted it :(
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    I tried a clubster a while ago.  Got to say really found it rather bland, and I like the fender sound in general.  drive channel was awful.