IK Multimedia iLoud offer on Amazon

What's Hot
Amazon have IK Multimedia iLoud monitors for basically half price during Prime Day (today). About 4 hours left on the offer.

Ok so they're not best of the best, but for those with limited space, they've got top notch reviews.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• newi123newi123 Frets: 861
    I bought a set this afternoon after scrolling to see what amazon had, then reading the glowing sound on sound review.

I think I'm prob their target market do let's hope they're ok!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I have a pair .. once set up they're pretty good actually.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Fretwired said:
    I have a pair .. once set up they're pretty good actually.

They've become a bit of a revelation for me given I've not listened to music via much except in ear buds or consumer level cans.

Hearing an instrument or vocals come from a point between 2 speakers is crazy.

It's like I never really heard all the music I own. I'm re-listening to everything while waiting on the cables to hookup to my interface.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Not a fan of the proprietary cable between the speakers. Mine is giving me issues where the sound cuts out (just the main speaker, tweeter is fine) on one side unless the cable is positioned in a particular way. Anyone facing this problem?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I have a set on my Eurorack modular side of the studio.
    I'd never mix on them but they don't take up a lot of room and sound better than anything of equivalent size.
    @branshen, not had any issues yet. I've got some desktop mic stands plus an RCA-TS cable coming tomorrow to get them connected in to my interface. I'll see what they do then.

@octatonic, they're all I've got space for tbh, so that's what I'll be using.

I'll move to something bigger when I have the room. Was checking out the LP6's on recommendation a while back, but no danger of fitting them in.
  • Mine make a high piched, low volume sound for a few seconds every time I turn them on. Like the sound you could heari in the old days when turning on a TV late at night when broadcast had been finished. As I said, fortunately is only a few seconds and low volume.
    @perrygoround, apparently that's normal, i think the manual may even mention it. I've found mine quiet otherwise when playing back via bluetooth. No noise when nothing playing etc.
  • Mine make a high piched, low volume sound for a few seconds every time I turn them on. Like the sound you could heari in the old days when turning on a TV late at night when broadcast had been finished. As I said, fortunately is only a few seconds and low volume.
    yeah that's the bluetooth 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Branshen said:
    Not a fan of the proprietary cable between the speakers. Mine is giving me issues where the sound cuts out (just the main speaker, tweeter is fine) on one side unless the cable is positioned in a particular way. Anyone facing this problem?
    Yes - mine packed up. I got sent a new one and that's been fine. Pretty sure mine had a fault from the factory. IK seemed aware of the issue. No issue with the new cable.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    All set up here, no cable issues as yet.

Jesus, this is much easier to dial a sound in with.

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited July 2019
    tekbow said:
    Amazon have IK Multimedia iLoud monitors for basically half price during Prime Day (today). About 4 hours left on the offer.

Ok so they're not best of the best, but for those with limited space, they've got top notch reviews.
    How much did you pay? I missed that, otherwise I would have grabbed a pair. I've got my eyes on the bigger MTMs with built in room correction and 40hz bass response.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    Freebird said:
    tekbow said:

How much did you pay? I missed that, otherwise I would have grabbed a pair. I've got my eyes on the bigger MTMs with built in room correction and 40hz bass response.

Was about £170. Down from £330, which to be fair was the release price. Street price seems to be around £270 depending where you buy.

Yeah, those MTM's look sweet, but at £300+ quid per speaker, the Micro's will do me for the time being.

Not saying I wouldn't buy the MTM's in future though.
    edited July 2019
    tekbow said:
    Freebird said:
    tekbow said:

Was about £170. Down from £330, which to be fair was the release price. Street price seems to be around £270 depending where you buy.

Yeah, those MTM's look sweet, but at £300+ quid per speaker, the Micro's will do me for the time being.

I'm not in a hurry, and I am still waiting for some proper reviews and user feedback. However, they do look fantastic on paper! The price may drop a bit too, once they have saturated the early adopter market.

The iLoud Micro's are currently £222 at Scan.co.uk. A lot of producers use these speakers to check how a final mix translates, as they seem to be representative of an average consumer device, so they will always be useful even if you decide to upgrade.
    To be honest I'd want to know how MTM's do against something like the LP6.

The technology they're employing is amazing though, even at the Micro's level.
    edited July 2019
    tekbow said:
    To be honest I'd want to know how MTM's do against something like the LP6.

The technology they're employing is amazing though, even at the Micro's level.
    Yeah, I think self-calibrating monitors are going to be the future of speaker development, and even home audio systems.

LP6 are great, but you will need a larger working distance. Also a room correction system (ARC, Sonarworks) and anti-vibration pads will set you back a few hundred more. In theory, the MTMs are almost perfect for computer based desktop applications.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    tekbow said:
    Freebird said:
    tekbow said:

170 is a very very good price. 
  • tekbow said:
    @perrygoround, apparently that's normal, i think the manual may even mention it. I've found mine quiet otherwise when playing back via bluetooth. No noise when nothing playing etc.

Mine make a high piched, low volume sound for a few seconds every time I turn them on. Like the sound you could heari in the old days when turning on a TV late at night when broadcast had been finished. As I said, fortunately is only a few seconds and low volume.
    yeah that's the bluetooth 

OK, I have just learned something usefull and are less worried now about my speakers. Thanks to both of you!