Gibson Authorized Partnership Program announced

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Gibson can go fuck themselves. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10541
    tFB Trader
    p90fool said:
    p90fool said:

No large corporation can fill that child-like need for these "because I'm worth it" types, no matter how good the guitar is.  

Did you license that phrase from L'Oréal or is it a counterfeit? 

Hey, I made that phrase up, around the same time I invented double cream bobbins!
    :)
    And why haven't the dairy industry sued Larry Di'Marzio ... all those poor hard working cows ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3032
    edited July 2019

Gibson's CEO is always well know and discussed widely. They become a target. Whereas I have no idea who Fender's is and never see it mentioned. Perhaps Gibson should make it less about the personality of the boss and more about the company and brand?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114

Gibson's CEO is always well know and discussed widely. They become a target. Whereas I have no idea who Fender's is and never see it mentioned. Perhaps Gibson should make it less about the personality of the boss and more about the company and brand?

Or just get on with putting a proper headstock on epiphones or, dare I say it...

...maybe consider non us guitars that keep the Gibson name?

*scurries away and hides*
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    Corporate madness.. I despair..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1467
    Had to read that quote from the head honcho twice to take it in. Still not entirely convinced it's not an April Fools wheeze, but two things I took away from it:

1) That guy really can waffle out an incredible amount of utter pish, and

2) What a wanker
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    That Gear Page forum will go into meltdown with Echopark and Gibson working together.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9335
    Yeah, I thought echopark were an “interesting” choice, given the owners reputation for customer service and prompt delivery. His quality is also seriously variable, but when he gets it right, he gets it really right
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom