Finally in a playable state

Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7882
. . . even if it won't win many prizes for its looks :)

This is certainly not new, I bought it years ago, stripped it down, reshaped it and added some flame veneer to the top.

Then I left it gathering dust for years before recently putting it back together with some newer wiring, a cheap locking nut from China and an old Kahler bridge someone gave me (also many years ago). I haven't bothered to finish the body so the top just has a bit of red stain on it and it's clear that it's made from plywood

The single-coil shaped pickups are quite dark, so I'm guessing they might be humbuckers, but I don't know.

It's a real lash-up just for use at home as it's the only guitar I've got without a fixed bridge, but it sounds ok for what it is :)

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicscharvettetwojpg
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
    Yeah, that’s cool as .... Award yourself bonus points 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72846
    Aha... a Kahler 2700! I haven't seen one of those for about 25 years. That's an extremely rare trem now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Charvette! I had one for a while. It was the most comfortable guitar I ever used. The pickups were poor (uneven output), so I was going to 'fix it up'. A bandmate persuaded me to part with it before that happened. 

Nice job!
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • Weni64usWeni64us Frets: 0
    Pretty.