basic hygiene fail

axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
I've been going to Barnet Coptall gym for about 8 years to use the gym and go for a swim every day before work. The management there has always terrible with all sorts of things, but one thing in particular really pisses me off. The toilets regularly run out of soap, I'd say every couple of weeks these days and then there's no soap for 2-3 days. So people are doing their business not washing their hands properly then going off to use the gym. I think it's shambolic and I have complained many times, but it keeps happening.

Is there likely to be any way to take a complaint to someone other than the morons that work there? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited July 2019
    I've seen email or personal letter to the CEO of the outfit recommended.

If other users will join you, twitter might get attention. Does the gym have a social media presence?

Pictures will help.
  • I go there occasionally for a swim in the evenings. Yes, it's a pretty terrible place but there is nowhere else local that is reasonably priced. Although thinking about it, since that BETTER company took over, swimming memberships have sky-rocketed. Fucking ridiculous pricing tbh.

Bye!

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2579
    tFB Trader
    trading standards?? one would assume there are H&S procedures required to run a gym.

Thing is, even with soap, some buggers will still not wash their hands.

At the gym I used to go to they had wipes and spray bottles to use on the machines after your turn, I was diligent, others were not.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    edited July 2019
    Take a dettol spray with you. Give everything a good squirt.
    I've seen people in restaurant toilets come out of the lav and go straight back to their table without washing their hands.
    Still, I should be grateful they at least used the lavatory and didn't just go where they were sat.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I stopped going to swimming baths after I found out on average swimming pools contained the equivalent of a large dustbin load of urine.
    And that's not even counting follow throughs.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18757
    ^ Was just having a relaxing swim. PMSL ! :)
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Just wear gloves. Next question?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Sassafras said:
    I stopped going to swimming baths after I found out on average swimming pools contained the equivalent of a large dustbin load of urine.
    And that's not even counting follow throughs.

Our local one was closed the other day because of a rather large "follow through"