Pickup Dilemma

What's Hot
wwwwww Frets: 72
Speccing up my first Tele build and trying to settle on pickups (single coil). Looking for the good ol' Tele twang and the favourites at the moment are BKP Country Boy, but only heard them on their website. Any opinions on these or alternatives?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Put a tapped single coil in the bridge to get both the classic and modern Tele bridge sounds. Several UK pickup makers do them. The one I know best is Oil City’s Wapping Wharf.

Neck pickups depend very much on the type of sound you’re after. You said single coil. Options include P90, traditional plummy Tele neck, or one which sounds more like a Strat.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Iron Gear do a great sounding tapped Tele bridge pickup at a ridiculously low price. I have one in one of my Esquire partscasters and it sounds amazing.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10381
    tFB Trader
    www said:
    Speccing up my first Tele build and trying to settle on pickups (single coil). Looking for the good ol' Tele twang and the favourites at the moment are BKP Country Boy, but only heard them on their website. Any opinions on these or alternatives?
    Nice chatting to you earlier on the phone ... good luck on your build, and remember ... there's no such thing as too many Telecasters :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    www said:
    Nice chatting to you earlier on the phone ... good luck on your build, and remember ... there's no such thing as too many Telecasters :-)
    Cheers, Ash. Great to speak with you too and many thanks for all the advice - very much appreciated! Order incoming on Monday  =)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    I realise you have made an order, I would say I recently played a US standard tele with country boys in, probably best pickups I've heard.