SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

* SOLD * DAVID THOMAS McNAUGHT VINTAGE SINGLE CUT.

stanstan Frets: 190
edited August 2019 in Guitars £
Hi all....and now for something completely different ....

Up for consideration is my David Thomas McNaught VSC.  Vintage Single Cut guitar made by the American master luthier of 25 years standing.   His workmanship, design and artistry compares most favourably with the best of the rest.  check out his website at mcnaughtcustomguitars.com.
They really are custom guitars with a huge range of options and the man himself carries out all of the  work on each guitar.  he does have the odd assistant now and then but he normaly does all  of the work including inlaying, spraying etc. some of this can be viewed on his facebook page.

It`s very rare to find a McNaught guitar for sale in the UK but here`s mine.  usual sob story for selling i`ll not bore you with ..... 
I`m looking for £2,500.   offers in that region would be considered as  i`ll also consider part trades.   i`m pretty open to check  out what you`ve got.  I could be interested in a really nice Nathan Sheppard or some kind of superstrat.  Maybe a vigier, John Petrucci MM or what have you.   I`m not interested in guitars of Les Paul weight...especially the heavy end of the spectrum due to recovery from an arm injury.  hence the possible sale of this guitar.
It`s not super heavy at 8lbs 5 oz but, just heavy enough to make me seek something lighter.

I sold a top  of the line Knaggs Chena semi hollow body which was lighter but the clubby 59` style neck, I just couldn`t get on with.
The McNaught has a sublimely comfortable neck.  I`d describe it as a 59 style that has been adjusted for maximum comfort and ease of playing.  the headstock end is bordering on a rounded v section and the sides have some meat taken off them in a gradual way going down to the heel.   what with the increased heel access added as well, it makes that dusty end vastly more playable.  These guitars have a set neck and the neck tenon extends almost all the way across the body, past the bridge!  This creates amazing tone and sustain. If it weighed a pound or two less, i`d never sell it.  ( famous last words ).

The fotos will show the neck binding which is `rolled edge` and is made of flamed maple. The subtle in-lays are beautiful Paua and the top  is an in your face admittedly, diamond grade upcost quilt.  The fretboard is of birds eye maple...another upgrade.  The pickups are Bare Knuckles `Mississippi Queens` and they take no prisoners ! check them out on BK`s site.  I thought i`d change them to `mules` at first, but no  way.  this combo gives that Les Paul sound and drive but can dial in that extra bit of clarity with that single coil tone added to the blend.  one very small dink on the lower edge of the body but apart from that, it`s perfect. no buckle rash or fret wear.
This is one superb `Les Paul` type of guitar that`s a bit out of the ordinary.
Plenty of pics here ....
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Had one of these a few years back...great guitars

glwys
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stanstan Frets: 190
    @monkey42 ;  Sure as hell are.  I hope it won`t be too many years before I get one back again.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4686
    That top is insane 

Glwts 
    Thanks Mikey ... 
    Sold now. thanks to all inquirers.