thanks in advance
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited July 2019
    @Wazmeister - he'll know
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 208
    Interested too, apparently it's also one of the best sounding marshally amps at very low volume?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Well.

As some of you will know, Ive owned tons of high end amps... I now just have the Carr Mercury V.

It's probably the only real amp that has worked at home and rehearsal

I rehearsed with the Carr Mercury V last night, and it was astoundingly good. To be honest, Ive never known an amp cut through the mix like this one does. A fantastic sound I had last night from Jam style ODs to cleans for Ooh La La (by The Faces)...

And this was all attenuated !!!! Its the loudest amp Ive heard for 16 watts....

ANd bear that in mind. I have yet to rehearse or play live without it being attenutated. And its completely silent at all volumes. Usual Carr build and reliability...

The Mercury V is unique in that, alongside the Redplate, its the only amp Ive used that needs no pedals. I miss that Redplate sound, but the Mercury is very special.

Now I play fairly clean, but this kinda sixties Marshall based will always hint at some break up. Bear in mind, all my amps have been Blackface, and I love THAT sound. But I can still get my fave tones; 

The Jam, Petty, Mod SOul stuff etc.

It is very versatile.

Hope that helps; ask away with any questions...

PS - the Lance vidoe is closest to how it realy sounds...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429
    Mmmm. Really impressed with the range and quality of sounds from that Mercury V in Lance's video. In its clean setting it has a very appealing 'presence' to the sound. Are any of those variations of drive foot-switchable?
    Jimbro66 said:
    Mmmm. Really impressed with the range and quality of sounds from that Mercury V in Lance's video. In its clean setting it has a very appealing 'presence' to the sound. Are any of those variations of drive foot-switchable?
    No sady not mate... but you do tend to get a set-and-forget tone for each song/gig
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    PS - the Lance vidoe is closest to how it realy sounds...

Never really checked them out at all, but just watched these video's. Wow! They sound epic!
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 339
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for all the feedback so far
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 178
    Jimbro66 said:
    No sady not mate... but you do tend to get a set-and-forget tone for each song/gig
    make that foot switchable and its the perfect amp in my eyes

• Grocer_JackGrocer_Jack Frets: 258
    That sounds bloody ace! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom