PSA: D'Addario 10s 3-pack £14.50 on Amazon

What's Hot
skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4220
Pretty much as the title says, just seen that they're reduced from normal price of £18.99. Not sure how long it will be for...
Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4177
    £14.50 is the standard price at Amazon. Wait until the price comes down to £11.96 per pack as they do every so often.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11488
    They did have 10 packs for £35 in the Prime Day deals the other day.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I grabbed one of the 10 packs and I'm not 100% sure they're genuine... or perhaps they're just old stock.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3500
    I've been having a lot of issues with D'Addario consistency recently, mainly for their acoustic strings though.  No chances of fake stocks as I received from the company themselves!  
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4177
    normula1 said:
    I grabbed one of the 10 packs and I'm not 100% sure they're genuine... or perhaps they're just old stock.
    First check the barcode on D'Addario's site. That will not guarantee authenticity, but then you can check the windings and the ends on the strings, that'll be the key thing.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11488
    Philtre said:
    normula1 said:
    First check the barcode on D'Addario's site. That will not guarantee authenticity, but then you can check the windings and the ends on the strings, that'll be the key thing.
    I'm pretty sure they were being sold directly from Amazon, so they should be genuine.

I've never had a problem with strings from Amazon when I enter the code on their site.

If they aren't genuine, then there is a real problem.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4220
    So despite me posting this earlier I haven't actually bought any; I have quite a few sets at the moment... and the last couple of sets I've used haven't really impressed me all that much; I mentioned on here a while ago that I'd had a set which I was particularly disappointed with and someone on here who deals with them very kindly sent me a set (can't remember his user name now...).

Anyway, in particular with the last set I put on my Strat I thought the ball ends weren't up to their usual standards... I checked all the barcodes on the D'Addario players' circle site when I got them, but I wonder if they could be fake even though they checked out?

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    I also have had quality issues with Daddario 11-49 after using for over 15 years and had messaged them my concerns. Wasn't after anything just moved to Ernie Ball instead.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4220
    Yamaha77 said:
    I also have had quality issues with Daddario 11-49 after using for over 15 years and had messaged them my concerns. Wasn't after anything just moved to Ernie Ball instead.
    I bought a couple of sets from Feline a while back, they seemed okay, and they weren't too expensive either... maybe it's time to change...