Cracking The Code?

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
Has anyone signed up and is using Troy Gradys Cracking The Code site?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2201
    I am signed up and get regular emails, but not a paying member anymore.  Now I just buy the occasional packages that are of specific interest to me.

It's not a competition.
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3287
    Not a paying member but it's an awesome resource to dip in and out of.

I usually let the digest email pull me into the forum for a catch-up.

Troy has built something really impressive in CtC.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I think @bingefeller was, but he's not been about here much lately...
    I'm not signed up, but I've watched the "series" so far, and have probably seen almost all the free content.
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    I signed up the other day after watching the videos on Youtube. There's a ton of content and I've finally got an answer to "why can't I play fast AND cleanly?" - changing my pick angle has helped a lot. Still a lot of practice ahead of me but finally feel like I know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Is this the kind of thing that is worth getting into early in the learning process before right hand technique becomes muscle memory? Or is it better to just get up and running and come back to later down the line, intermediate level stuff?
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 328
    I am a signed up member. New content has been a bit thinner on the ground recently, but the amount of stuff on the site is enormous. Well worth signing up for a while, and grabbing the content.

Definitely helped me, in terms of technique.

Also, in getting a bit of confidence to go for it, speed-wise. Just the basic approach to getting faster — _don’t_ try to slowly click the metronome up — helped me. That plus realising that what I thought was my wonky technique that needed fixed was actually a standard enough approach to playing across strings. 

His player interviews are really well done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    @Matt_McG where the hell did you start? There's loads from what I've seen but sign posting seems to be a little... Sketchy?