Calling all doggy types

BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
edited July 2019 in Off Topic
As some of you may know, Mrs B volunteers with a few dog rescue organisations. 

One of the groups she has links with rescues abandoned dogs from the local pound. They picked up a pup quite recently from the pound and sadly it’s turned out that it has a liver shunt. This means constant pain and not much life expectancy. Looks like this is the reason it’s been abandoned as the vet bill for the operation is massive. 

They are fundraising to pay to pay for the op to give her a chance of a life - I know there’s a few dog lovers on here so I though I’d share their post (and the dog’s story) if you fancy donating a few quid to the fund. 

https://www.facebook.com/donate/499282520832246/499411714152660?sfns=mo

Sadly Mrs B sees many dogs like this and many fundraising projects and I don’t usually post the links here - but this one is proper cute and has a really sad story. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    I'd like to contribute, but I don't do Facebook. Sorry to sound dim, but is there another way to contribute? 
    Call me Dave.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    DB1 said:
    I'd like to contribute, but I don't do Facebook. Sorry to sound dim, but is there another way to contribute? 
    I’ll post the rescue charity’s website and donation details when I’m back in the house later on
    Thanks! 
    Call me Dave.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18829
    DB1 said:
    That is not dim, it is a very wise attitude IMHO.
    I don't use it either, but if Bridgehouse gets an alternative payment address sorted, we'll all be good to go.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    I don't do Facebook either.
    How much would such an operation to restore her to health cost?
    Sorry folks - been busy will post details later today.

Operation cost is about £3k all in!
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4647
    I am of two opinions on this. Yes 3k will save one dog, but how many other dogs could have a future for the same 3k?
    I am of two opinions on this. Yes 3k will save one dog, but how many other dogs could have a future for the same 3k?
    True. Most rescue centres and organisations need on average about £2k per rescue just to go through the process and get a new home. Many also need other medical treatment - our lurcher did, probably about another £1.5k. In context, stopping every extra over £1k would impact ha huge number of rescue dogs. 

We might seem seem like a civilised country that loves animals - but the rate of dogs being abandoned is truly shocking. Sadly that rate includes many that are used for illegal hunting (hare coursing) like our lurcher. They are used until injured then abandoned. There’s also many that are abused for other reasons and kicked out, 

It doesn't have to be the same 3k, surely. I will donate to this and to other animals that need help, and I'm sure that many others will too. 
    Call me Dave.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    True. Most rescue centres and organisations need on average about £2k per rescue just to go through the process and get a new home. Many also need other medical treatment - our lurcher did, probably about another £1.5k. In context, stopping every extra over £1k would impact ha huge number of rescue dogs. 

We might seem seem like a civilised country that loves animals - but the rate of dogs being abandoned is truly shocking. Sadly that rate includes many that are used for illegal hunting (hare coursing) like our lurcher. They are used until injured then abandoned. There’s also many that are abused for other reasons and kicked out, 

Not on the evidence of the pricks I've seen out walking their dogs in this heatwave the last few days. Fucking thoughtless wankers. 
    Hi @Bridgehouse.
    I can see that you have been rather busy with forum business, but I was wondering how things were progressing with the operation fundraising situation. Any positive news?
    Hi @Bridgehouse.
    I can see that you have been rather busy with forum business, but I was wondering how things were progressing with the operation fundraising situation. Any positive news?
    Yes, looks like an adoptee has been found and funds raised to do the preop

Once I know more I’ll let you know!
    Excellent news  =)
    That's great - I'm happy to contribute, so please do let us know.
    Call me Dave.