SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Vintage Guitar Picks

What's Hot
WTB - Vintage Guitar Picks

Hi!

I’m a collector of vintage guitar picks and I just wanted to see if there are any board members that have something to sell.
I’m especially searching for Pre-Dunlop Herco, but also vintage D’Andrea, Fender, Dunlop, Hagström, Landström Sharkfin, Music Store Picks etc.
Drop me an PM or write in the thread, or just share pictures.

Peace!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LuxxmanLuxxman Frets: 36
    HI, I don't know if these are of any interest, I have a couple of shop picks I acquired
    when I was putting together a US amp collection in the late 80's. One is from Gil Southworth's
    store in DC and another is from Black market Music in San Francisco. (I also have one from
    a UK music store called Music Inn and a couple of Pickguardian Picks). The US ones are both
    well used I'm afraid.!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12429
    I’ve got some old picks, but no idea how old. What do you consider vintage? 
  • Luxxman said:
    HI, I don't know if these are of any interest, I have a couple of shop picks I acquired
    when I was putting together a US amp collection in the late 80's. One is from Gil Southworth's
    store in DC and another is from Black market Music in San Francisco. (I also have one from
    a UK music store called Music Inn and a couple of Pickguardian Picks). The US ones are both
    well used I'm afraid.!

If possible you can send som pictures!:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • picksofthepastpicksofthepast Frets: 2
    edited July 2019
    boogieman said:
    I’ve got some old picks, but no idea how old. What do you consider vintage? 
    Pre-90’s!
    During the 60-70’s Herco only released their picks in the UK.
    Many musicians in UK used these picks, Page, Townshend, Rory Gallagher and the list goes on.
    And Herco is one of my favorite brands, but I’m into pretty much everything!
    But because this is an UK-based board I thought that it’s bigger chance that I can find something here:)
  • picksofthepastpicksofthepast Frets: 2
    edited July 2019
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/36uttq9dw/

This is how the original Hi-Yo Silver, and Bold Gold Hercos looked like, and the Flex 75, with a slightly lighter grey color then the modern Hercos released by Dunlop.
    Dunlop released a reissue a couple years ago though.