Help with starting a website

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10709
edited July 2019 in Off Topic
Hello everybody,

i need to get a really simple, tiny website which people can click onto and it will just show a calendar with dates that people have booked for something. It doesn’t need to be interactive - literally just to show the calendar, which I’ll have created in excel. What’s the simplest, free way of doing this?
Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2460
    Simplest way (and free) is to share a google calendar with them. Another way is Dropbox. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10709
    Simplest way (and free) is to share a google calendar with them. Another way is Dropbox. 
    Cheers mate. Actually we’ve already got that - but I want them to be able to google the name of the cottage (it has a unique name) and click on the link in google. Because they have bad memories and won’t want to refer to an email for the link. Also I don’t want them to be able to edit the xl file, just view it. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2460
    You could set up a wix site in no time. The problem you will most likely have is getting it high enough in the google rankings to be found.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

Ok - will check that out - thanks!
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
    I had a 3 min google search there are a good few free and paid for template and hosting services for holiday rentals etc.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4221
    edited July 2019
    You could set up a wix site in no time. The problem you will most likely have is getting it high enough in the google rankings to be found.
    Whichever route you go, sign up for Google Analytics and bang the script in your site's header - even if you don't use the metrics (they're mind-bogglingly deep).  There are also tools that you can link your site to (Google My Business and such) which will improve your search rankings no end.  Make sure your URLs match for each one.

You're selling your data to the devil, mind - but I've always worked on the premise that they already have it anyway.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Dude...try Fiverr and get someone to do it for you for a few quid...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Sounds interesting