Recommend a pickup

Hi, i have a very nice Martin om28 im thinking about getting a pickup put in for maybe playing live, what do you recommend? I was thinking LR Baggs Anthem? Im good with tools but not sure i wanna mess with fitting it need to watch some videos
Pete
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4195
    K&K Pure Mini and appropriate Preamp/DI gets my vote.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    Lewy said:
    K&K Pure Mini and appropriate Preamp/DI gets my vote.
    same here
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Just ordered an Anthem AND a K&K Pure mini.  Thread below :)
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    Another vote for the K&K Pure Mini. If you want to try a fairly inexpensive removable clip-on microphone based option and do not mind the wires then the IK Multimedia Acoustic Stage Pro is worth a look.

I've found blending the K&K Pre Mini output with the Acoustic Stage Pro (through the Stage Pro aux input) gives a lot of tonal flexibility. It also provides a digital USB output for PC-based recording.
  • Cool thanks ill check them out
  • Purchased the stage pro for now. Like the idea of no drilling the guitar, the mic looks good enough for me for now. Thanks
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 178
    LR Baggs Element split saddle in my Lowden. Fitted by Jimmy Moon (Plug for Jimmy!) Could not be more happy with sound
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    Purchased the stage pro for now. Like the idea of no drilling the guitar, the mic looks good enough for me for now. Thanks

Good luck with the Stage Pro - it works well for me. If you want to try a K&K Pure Mini at a later date then the only drilling required is the enlargement of the diameter of the end pin hole after the removal of the existing end pin so it will take the end K&K pin jack. Care and the right tools (reamer or step drill) are advisable for this. Apart from that, it is a just a case of supergluing the transducers into place under the bridge, which is easy with the template provided.

If you use the digital output of the Stage Pro with a Windows PC you will need to download the free ASIO4ALL drivers. I've used it with Mixcraft and MIDI Guitar 2 software.
  • I really need to plug my guitars with the K&K in to hear the differences!
  • GTC said:
    Purchased the stage pro for now. Like the idea of no drilling the guitar, the mic looks good enough for me for now. Thanks

Good luck with the Stage Pro - it works well for me. If you want to try a K&K Pure Mini at a later date then the only drilling required is the enlargement of the diameter of the end pin hole after the removal of the existing end pin so it will take the end K&K pin jack. Care and the right tools (reamer or step drill) are advisable for this. Apart from that, it is a just a case of supergluing the transducers into place under the bridge, which is easy with the template provided.

If you use the digital output of the Stage Pro with a Windows PC you will need to download the free ASIO4ALL drivers. I've used it with Mixcraft and MIDI Guitar 2 software.
    Cheers, adding the k&k would be a decent combo with the stage pro for sure ill probably give it a go one day, i mostly play electric but one day i may use the martin live if im brave enough! 
    Pete