Fujigen (FGN) MIJ, Recording King, Dowina, Hipstrap

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Amit,

I just had a glance at the Fujigen website. Models numbers differ from the few (older?) that appear elsewhere.

From FGN, I like the semis. Ie: MSA-HP (and MSA-HP-C) and MFA FP.

I live in Portsmouth area. Nearest dealer is PMT Farlington
    Yo,

Yeah, most that are currently online are the older models. As they’ve never been distributed in the UK it’s basically starting from scratch. 

Nice, staying away from the big boys but if there’s a smaller independent type in the area let me know and I’ll hit them up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GJK1959 said:
    Nope not direct anymore, I think they had a few issues in the past so they changed the structure and quality control has totally changed. I could get some in local to you though if you have any dealers close by? 
    John at Peach Guitars..?
    Great shout, I'll hit him up. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    allen said:
    I have a FGN strat. It's one of the Neo-classic NCST models with 24.75 scale.

Superb guitar.

Here's a video where I upgraded the pickups to fishman fluence.

This is cool - didn't know anyone made 24.75" strats and it looks like they do a Tele as well. Could be ideal for me, I'm so used to a Gibson scale length that I don't enjoy playing Fenders much but these might be just the one! Thanks for posting.
  • allenallen Frets: 707
    I only have gibson scale fenders.

The sunburst guitar in that video has a conversion neck on it.

It's hard to find in a factory built guitar - unless you go for a tom anderson which I also have.

• Amit,

I just had a glance at the Fujigen website. Models numbers differ from the few (older?) that appear elsewhere.

From FGN, I like the semis. Ie: MSA-HP (and MSA-HP-C) and MFA FP.

I live in Portsmouth area. Nearest dealer is PMT Farlington
    Yo,

Yeah, most that are currently online are the older models. As they’ve never been distributed in the UK it’s basically starting from scratch. 

Nice, staying away from the big boys but if there’s a smaller independent type in the area let me know and I’ll hit them up. 
    They dont come much smaller than these guys

http://guitarcentresouthsea.co.uk/index.html 
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    How do you get a distributorship without knowing where any guitar shops are? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnr said:
    prlgmnr said:
    I've been sort of sideways looking at one of those Iliads with the extra inch of scale and the EMGs for a while.

If you could get some down to Wildwire in Selby that would be nifty.
    I’m heading there on the 13th August with some demo models if you happen to be around? 
    Completely weather dependent as I'm a farmer but I'll try and make it down if it's either too wet to harvest or it's so sunny and dry between now and then that we've already got everything in by then.
    Hey man, I’m heading there today if you happen to be around. Should be there from half 12 onwards. 
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    We've got the seed dresser in today so I won't make it but thanks for letting me know.
  • prlgmnr said:
    We've got the seed dresser in today so I won't make it but thanks for letting me know.
    Ah no worries, they seemed pretty keen though. Hopefully I can get some in there for you to try. 
  • Yo guys,

FGNs are landing at dealers next week, new UK FB site is up and running: 

https://www.facebook.com/FGNguitarsUK/

Dealers have also started getting Dowina and Recording King in store, as well as the Hipstrap straps. We shall be at the Leeds/Bradford show on Sunday too!