How to feel better about your playing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7173
    edited August 2019
    I had a run this morning and was listening to the Allmans 'Whipping Post' live at the Fillmore and really honing in why and how it was a great piece of music. Nothing in there is particularly inventive and none of it particularly hard to play. Very much just greater than the sum of its parts. 

By breaking it down into bite sized little chunks of simple and achievable I feel I'm turning an epic and mammoth solo into something doesn't phase me and then it's just a case of joining them up. 

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to relate this to the OP! I was in agreement about not looking far ahead and instead concentrating on the little bits you can achieve today. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 828
    Thanks for posting - great advice to be able to measure the journey rather than despair!

Ditto for the brainjo stuff - certainly interesting :)
  • Hi guys, I made this video for my online students recently but thought I'd share it with you all in case it can help get you out of any ruts you may be in! 

The formula is simple to understand, but hard to learn: 1. Learn it. 2. Master it. 3. Feel good about it. ;) It NEVER fails. 'Getting stuck in a rut' never made any sense to me. One can only get stuck in a rut if he expects than by doing nothing, something  has been learned (let alone mastered).
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10929
    @stuartryanmusic this has stuck with me and helped me keep a more relaxed attitude towards practice and improvement, rather than pressuring myself and rushing, so thanks
  • Know your self is the best thing. Where you can take your playing if you decide to. As it is you can go in any direction. 

If you have the knowledge you will have the belief and confidence that sure you can pull it of anytime. 

Live experience counts well towards it as well as rehearsel with a good band where it all clicks between the members. 
    Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/