Guitarist and female singer duo - she likes the songs with electric guitar solos!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31606
    I do this a lot with just guitar and a singer, but I use a looper pedal rather than backing tracks. Just record the second verse as you're playing and hit play for the solo. 

Backing tracks are just a step too far in cheesiness for me personally, but I'm old. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    I do this a lot with just guitar and a singer, but I use a looper pedal rather than backing tracks. Just record the second verse as you're playing and hit play for the solo. 

Backing tracks are just a step too far in cheesiness for me personally, but I'm old. 
    I had wondered about this approach but some of the songs we’re planning have arrangements where the chords change part way through the solo or dive straight into solo sections where the chords are different to the verse.

Could change the arrangement up a bit though and not be too slavish to the original so this approach could be made to work.

It’s good to hear your view on cheesiness anyway.

Our audiences will likely be 40 something, not sure of that’s old or not :D 
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • sev112 said:
    Wow, I must be turning into a grumpy old man , lol ;)
    the thought of listening to a band using backing tracks continues to fill me with dread, 
    No worries, I get where you're coming from. My original thinking around this was that we'd be doing something much more like you are doing right now and using an acoustic, and that for the most part ditching the solos would be the way to go.

Not what the singer wants to do though, she is a big fan of the soaring lead guitars!
    Good for her , I’ve seen two instances of it working well . I’d sooner see that than some Herbert singing along to X factor type stuff backing tracks or chirpy ukelele covers of Mumford band songs
  • Could take ages to do your backing tracks. Sounds good though
    Use Band in a Box - either for a full backing track or at least drums and bass, then you can add your own rhythm guitar if you want. Takes no time at all.