Liam Gallagher Once

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2053
After a few listens I absolutely love this, for me it’s his best solo (yeah I know) effort yet

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=URz3dTpWEDM
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2053
    Just me then  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    He's shifted into John Lennon mode.

I liked Beady Eye...

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6090
    Those vocal mannerisms (sunsehiine?) are becoming more exaggerated as he gets older. He has the occasional good rhyming couplet but the delivery over-eggs them. Less would definitely be more or he risks becoming a cartoon version of himself (or is that the definition of stardom?).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11802
    JezWynd said:
    Those vocal mannerisms (sunsehiine?) are becoming more exaggerated as he gets older. He has the occasional good rhyming couplet but the delivery over-eggs them. Less would definitely be more or he risks becoming a cartoon version of himself (or is that the definition of stardom?).
    Liam I think genuinely really is the way he is, there is not a false bone in his body.

The way he is can often be an utter twat, but he won't ever change.

I like the choon BTW.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I like it.

It will get stick from old Oasis fans (although not from me) but I'm glad Liam and Noel carry on, otherwise it would be crap like George Ezra all the time. 
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2053
    I like it.

It will get stick from old Oasis fans (although not from me) but I'm glad Liam and Noel carry on, otherwise it would be crap like George Ezra all the time. 
    I am one of those Oasis fans and totally agree. Noel still comes out with some great stuff (loved Dead In The Water and If Love Is The Law from last album) but just isn't as prolific as he used to be. Most artists are never that prolific though and theres alway hope that theres another Live Forever, Dont Look Back In Anger, Wonderwall, Masterplan.. insert any early Oasis fav..left in him.

Once is easily better than the latest tracks from Noels EPs and and the other 2 from Liam's  so interesting to see how the rest of the upcoming albums pan out.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 669
    JezWynd said:

This. I think most Oasis stuff from the 4th album (maybe even some on the 3rd) has over-egged vocals from him. Whether he is doing it on purpose, or whether his voice simply matured/became fucked over time (remember there was a lot of press during their initial period of stardom that his singing stance was straining his throat and would ultimately affect his voice/vocal chords) I don't know.

In the same vein as above with hoping that Noel pulls out another banger or two (loved his first two albums, and the track Holy Mountain), I always hope that Liam's vocal performances will return to somewhere closer to their former glory.

When you hear him trying to sing Rocking Chair now, it's really dreadful on the ears :(

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4723

I struggle to listen to LG, his vocals go through me, although the song sounds better than a lot of the stuff I've heard from him over the last few years.  Would be better if Noel was singing it.
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1028
    Almost thought it was Jealous Guy.. i was dreaming of the paaassst 
    “Ken sent me.”
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    It’s pretty good. By contrast, Noel’s last few singles (black star dancing and this is the place) are some of the biggest abominations to music I’ve heard in a long while, despite him chucking musical insults at his younger bro.