I'm guessing this 3PDT switch is fubar??

BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4783
Last night finally had some time to play plugged in for a bit, dug out a few pedals I haven't touched in ages. One of which is a Skreddy Screwdriver Mini Deluxe, light flickered slightly when switching. Then I had zero volume when engaged. However if I played around with the switch sometimes I could hear the full signal. I'm guessing the switch is toast? Which is shit as it was always on when it was on my board and I've not used it in around 6 years....

Anything I can try to fix it, prior to finding someone to replace it?

Thanks all.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Can you take the back off and provide us with a photo?
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4783
    Not readily, sorry mate I packed it away earlier. It's just the standard blue 3PDT switch though, had a butchers earlier and everything from an external point of view looks fine. So I'm guessing that it's an internal problem, which is a pain!

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    Boromedic said:
    Not readily, sorry mate I packed it away earlier. It's just the standard blue 3PDT switch though, had a butchers earlier and everything from an external point of view looks fine. So I'm guessing that it's an internal problem, which is a pain!
    cycle it 50 times on and off... if it has sat as an always on pedal... there is a chance the contacts are a little oxidised.. if that doesn't work then its an easy fix. i can do it if you want.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4783
    Bless you Adrian, PM incoming.