Presonus Faderport 16

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited February 2020
    thegummy said:
    spark240 said:
    Yep....I have the FP8....oddly I seem to only use it for transport control..!
    See I've always thought these things would look extremely cool and be a great novelty but only the transport controls would be of use to me (because on my DAW, shortcuts from a qwerty keyboard sometimes don't work if a plugin window is focused) so I just use my drum pads for transport.

Still though, every so often I'll get an urge for the novelty of faders. I think if the old method of clicking and dragging an on-screen fader was the default I'd get physical faders but to me, Reaper's system of just hovering the curser over the track and using the scroll wheel is the ultimate interface.
    I like to have a bank of faders for mixing the groups & final 2-bus mix. Regarding hovering the cursor, I find the trackball is superior due to the large scroll wheel, and oversized ball which is about the size of a US pool ball. The single Faderport is also very handy once you get used to it's automation writing capabilities & control functions.

https://www.trackballmouse.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/kensington-expert-wireless-9-ball-trackballmouse-org-3.jpg
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2020
    Duplicate post.
    edited February 2020
    andyoz said:
    I was reading Studioport v1 is only USB1 and if you plug it into a hub it takes the whole hub down to USB1 - not sure if that's true but a bit of a showstopper potentially.
    Update:

After some further research, this USB2 hub below will give every USB1 and USB2 device it's own communication lane, i.e. it's a MTT device.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manhattan-7-Port-Windows-compatible-161039/dp/B0035LXOPY/

It seems to be popular with musicians who like to hang lots of midi gear off computers that have a limited number of USB ports.

Note: I've yet to discover how USB3 hubs work with regard to transaction translators, but I do know they separate USB2 and USB3 data traffic.