Wouldn't it be good

What's Hot
FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
edited August 2019 in Music
A surprisingly good song..

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Indeed it is, although I was expecting The Beach Boys...  (also a very good song!)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10704
    Nik is great. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26650
    Fixed your video link :)

Also, yes.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Nitefly said:
    Indeed it is, although I was expecting The Beach Boys...  (also a very good song!)
    Haha  :3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    I was expecting the Small Faces ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    He's very good - I saw him last summer at one of the 80s retro festivals, a full set of great songs, and he didn't hold back on the guitar-hero stuff either (on a PRS). I always quite liked Howard Jones too - I haven't seen him for about thirty years, but he hasn't aged much!

I have to say the acoustic guitar sound in that video is horrible though... some things should have been left in the 80s.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I saw Mr K pretty much at the height of his fame I'm guessing around 1985. I'd been dragged along by my sister but as I remember it a really good light show ( at least by the standards of the time) and a good deal of guitar showboating so that was all good for me. 

Looking at Wikipedia I didn't know he was the guitarist on Nikita by Elton John. Impressively big time although probably my least favourite Elton John song. 

But without clicking on the link in the OP I can humm a reasonable approximation of that tune, so all good stuff. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Freebird said:
    Nitefly said:
    Haha  :3
    LOL and now you've edited the thread title, my comment makes no sense!

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Nitefly said:

@Nitefly - just off topic for a moment, have you ever heard Howard Jones' version of Donald Fagen's 'IGY'?

edited August 2019
    @Kebabkid no I hadn't, I'll give it a go now...

*edit* very good!  Another great song!

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    But without clicking on the link in the OP I can humm a reasonable approximation of that tune, so all good stuff. 
    The version I posted is stripped of its 80's sugar-coating, so you can hear the true essence of the song.
    edited August 2019
    Btw The Riddle is one of those songs that if you hun the opening line in your head, you’re going to be no more than 1 semitone out even if you haven’t got perfect pitch. 

Don’t cheat! Don’t click on the link till you’ve settled on a key! Then check it out. 

https://youtu.be/bDygS0a6Tgo
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    Also the writer of The One and Only for Chesney Hawkes...
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Nik K is awesome. All of his post-80's solo albums are worth getting (To Be Frank is one of my favourite albums ever made), miles better than the 80's stuff imo. We saw him do a small acoustic gig in a pub in Portsmouth a few years ago, absolutely brilliant. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33805
    edited August 2019
    Kebabkid said:
    Nitefly said:

@Nitefly - just off topic for a moment, have you ever heard Howard Jones' version of Donald Fagen's 'IGY'?

It is interesting but I don't think it is a patch on the original, which is one of the best recorded songs in the history of music, so it would be unexpected for it to be.
    Howard's synth horns are particularly 'not right'.
    edited August 2019
    Philly_Q said:
    Also the writer of The One and Only for Chesney Hawkes...
    Chesney put in a guest appearance at a Nik gig last year - I met him and some scruffy friend of his before the gig. They were both good fun and I asked this bloke to take a pic of Chezza and me. Afterwards someone asked me why I didn’t want Chris Moyles in the photo as well.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    octatonic said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Nitefly said:

It is interesting but I don't think it is a patch on the original, which is one of the best recorded songs in the history of music, so it would be unexpected for it to be.
    Howard's synth horns are particularly 'not right'.
    Absolutely. That album is sheer perfection on every level :)