Which Xotic Pedals Are Awesome?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 391
    edited May 2014
    welshboyo said:
    to the EP users on this thread - how do you use yours? - end of chain or as a boost into another drive?

Struggling to find that elusive "always on" spot for mine on my 'board...

I use a pair of ep boosters both at the end of the chain. The first one which is set to vintage mode stays on all the time for that extra bit of warmth and fatness and the second one, I use to boost up for solos. I think that one is set with the gain dip switch up and the treble switch down. Never had a problem with how my amp sounded before getting the EP, but now it's there you do kind of miss it if its switched off.
    The Swamp City Shakers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlanPAlanP Frets: 54
    The thing about the EP boost is that even when it is set to "no gain" with the pot wound right back, it still has a bit of gain (maybe around a dB or so - maybe less...  I do have the kit to measure that - probably I should do it...).

So even a very slight volume increase sounds "better" when you kick it in....

... and I've been trying to convince myself that is the only reason it sounds "better" when it is on, and I'm absolutely not sure (because it really does...)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom