SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Nik Huber Krautster II in Gold or Goldtop Les Paul/Singlecut P90's sub 9lbs

What's Hot
Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
edited August 2019 in Guitars £
Realising a Huber might be rarer then unicorn poop at the point I want to buy one, so will expand this to any LP singlecut style (Fano SP6, Smitty, Macon etc) in gold. P90 in neck is a must, relic'd is preferred, then I don't have to be careful with it.

Light as possible, I reckon 9lbs is my absolute limit...

Cash waiting preferably within driving distance of Cornwall.

Let me know if you've got something you want to move on.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
    still looking....
    still looking

Updated with expanded range of wants.....
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 209
    good luck with the search, i got a gold krautster earlier this year and it's great. Even with the poor exchange rate it might be worth looking at European dealers, I got mine from gregs guitars and paid around 2600 for it new compared to 3300 in the UK. This is also worth keeping an eye on https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-nik-huber/k0
    btw have a look at the frank hartung junico, similar to krautster, word is just as good and perhaps less dough
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    bloomer said:
    btw have a look at the frank hartung junico, similar to krautster, word is just as good and perhaps less dough
    Specs are all spot on, just the tweak to the body shape...subjective thing but doesn’t float my boat. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    agreed, I wanted to like it but couldn't
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    How about this:  https://reverb.com/item/14650276-gordon-smith-gs1000-limited-run-gold
    Ok, it's not in the same league as a Nik Huber, but it's a helluva singlecut with definite Huber leanings ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    glt56 said:
    How about this:  https://reverb.com/item/14650276-gordon-smith-gs1000-limited-run-gold
    Ok, it's not in the same league as a Nik Huber, but it's a helluva singlecut with definite Huber leanings ;)
    It's lovely, not sure I'd want a bigsby. Really good spot though, certainly food for thought. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23096
    Vintage-T said:
    glt56 said:
    It's lovely, not sure I'd want a bigsby. Really good spot though, certainly food for thought. 
    That is really nice.  The logos on the pickups are a bit distracting and make me think of Vintage (the brand, not the concept) but that's a minor quibble.  The new Gordon Smith seem to be really getting their act together after a slightly shaky start.
  • hoopshoops Frets: 227
    Hi. Like your choice of guitars. I have a Krautster2 (black) and a '54 style gold top. Neither for sale I'm afraid. Krautsters seem to be fairly difficult to get hold of especially if you are specifying colour. Why not get hold of a krautster in any colour (you might like it) and then have it refinished.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4202
    You could always fit a Humbucker sized P90 in my Ryder;)
    hoops said:
    Hi. Like your choice of guitars. I have a Krautster2 (black) and a '54 style gold top. Neither for sale I'm afraid. Krautsters seem to be fairly difficult to get hold of especially if you are specifying colour. Why not get hold of a krautster in any colour (you might like it) and then have it refinished.
    I'd rather wait than take on the extra expense of a refinish tbh.

You're just down the road from me, so if you ever decide you want rid of either...let me know :)

• glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    Vintage-T said:
    glt56 said:
    Funny innit, I prefer it with the Bigsby, ah well... actually, just checkin' out the Music Street website, they have some nice Heritage singlecuts going cheap too.  I didn't know Heritage did "Les Paul Special alikes", get yourself a Kalamazoo Special maybe?
  • hoopshoops Frets: 227
    Vintage-T said:
    hoops said:
    I'd rather wait than take on the extra expense of a refinish tbh.

You're just down the road from me, so if you ever decide you want rid of either...let me know :)

Will do - can't see it at the moment, but you never know.