Really like the tone in this video

What's Hot
brooombrooom Frets: 1175
This is cleanish to slightly overdriven sound of a Jim Kelley Reverb being played with a Ronin Mirari. I really like the sound of the gold foil humbuckers through the Jim Kelley amp.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Is that clip all right?
    Sounds like a direct signal distorting into a mixing desk. Doesn't help that he's just discovered his guitar's got a trem.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    sounds alright to me.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Sassafras said:
    Is that clip all right?
    Sounds like a direct signal distorting into a mixing desk. Doesn't help that he's just discovered his guitar's got a trem.
    I know what you mean, though good mixing desks actually sound nice when distorted.

Not sure if this is from the phone/camera's mic or if it's micced with a real mic but from really far away (since you can't see any mics in the video).

If it's the camera/phone mic then maybe that's what's slightly distorting giving that sound that isn't like deliberate guitar distortion?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Nice compression
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Sounds nice, reminds me of a Les Paul with a neck P90 with the tone rolled back a bit with maybe a Klon/Klone pedal set to just boost it and thicken it a little.

shame we can't see the guitar and amp in the video. I googled the Ronin Mirari guitar, it's a bit of an ugly looking thing isn't it?

edited August 2019
    You can definitely see the amp in the video. The guy who recorded said it was a phone mic, Ronin going straight into Jim Kelley. Using a Jim Kelley atenuator as well.

I actually think the Ronin Mirari looks great. But obviously that's as much of a personal opinion as is the sound.
    If you really like the sound of a distant phone mic, good on you. It would give you a really different sound to pretty much all other records.

Would possibly be interesting to use it to make a Kemper profile then you could get that sound on stage and through speakers etc.
    though crowd...
    brooom said:
    though crowd...
    I don't mean record the profile at the gig, you'd record the profile in an empty room with no crowd then just play through it at a gig.
    edited August 2019
    I think you're trying too hard mate.  B
    What are you on about?

I don't do any of that obviously.