Dogear pickup height rings in cream

What's Hot
Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
Basically got an artec P90 dogear replacement pickup in my epi wildcat. Need a cream mounting type rings to raise the bridge pickup about 3mm at least.

Can't seem to find any other than the black £15 set that oil city has. Anybody know anyone else in the UK that makes them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10487
    edited August 2019 tFB Trader
    Not as far as I know, the material we use isn't available in cream, however it can be painted just like wood ... so so glue the shims into the 'pack' you want ... then cream and clear-coat gets you the result don't paint the underside where it rests on the guitar's finish.
    PS ... we will be shortly making Gretsch height rings too ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    The traditional material used for dogear P90 spacers on Gibson and old USA Epiphone guitars is black, regardless of the colour of the covers themselves. 

Could your machine be programmed to cut dogear-to-‘Tron adapters? Dogear-to-Winterizer? Dogear-to-humbucker?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The traditional material used for dogear P90 spacers on Gibson and old USA Epiphone guitars is black, regardless of the colour of the covers themselves. 

Could your machine be programmed to cut dogear-to-‘Tron adapters? Dogear-to-Winterizer? Dogear-to-humbucker?
    It could indeed. Dogear to humbucker would involve changing the body rout as well mind.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Verrrrrrry interesting.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    @OilCityPickups hi do you think the set of 3 will be enough to raise up the phatcat bridge position? Any paint would you recommend? Plasticoat?
    tFB Trader
    Yamaha77 said:
    @OilCityPickups hi do you think the set of 3 will be enough to raise up the phatcat bridge position? Any paint would you recommend? Plasticoat?
    If you measure the height of your poles from the strings I'll supply a custom pack at no extra charge :-)
    Plasticoat is good.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom