Gambling.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    Budgie said:
    I like to have a bet on the football. A few seasons ago, I decided to have a £50 pot for the season and place small bets on accumulators and when the £50 was gone, it was gone and wouldn't be replaced. I put on small bets of around £1.00 - £5.00 and occasionally higher, throughout the season and ended up with just over £1100.00 by the end. I lost most of the bets but several decent wins really upped the pot of cash. I banked everything apart from £50.00 and have done the same every season since. The lowest I have ended up with was around £200.00. Last season I finished on over £600.00. A couple of seasons ago, I placed a bet for a couple of quid on every result of the Championship on a weekday evening - I think about 10 or 11 matches and missed out by one result! Had I won, it would have been nearly £50k. I just do it for a bit of fun really.
    Greetings O Mystic one........ please can you tell me where my beloved Gunners will finish this season ?       ;)
    5th ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2528
    brexit
    If you say you've never gambled but you voted for it then you are a liar :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    Sassafras said:
    I suppose it's a buzz like any other.
    Some people are addicted to extreme activities like sky diving and mountaineering. I was addicted to heroin and cocaine for over 20 years. Others are addicted to food or sex. If you're not addicted, it's hard to understand.
    You didn't perhaps replace those addictions with a fretboard addiction by any chance did you? =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12368
    edited August 2019
    Snags said:

As youth a group of us used to always play the quiz machines, and that would often fund a few rounds of drinks because I was lucky enough to have very bright friends with a broad range of general knowledge. We thought we'd broken the machine once, as the screen went blank and it flashed horrendously for about 2 minutes, then came up with "Loading new questions ...". We got asked to leave soon after. Paid for the entire session, though.

In the 90s I used to work in central London and we regularly went to a stripper pub (always known as The Dirty Nelson) on a Friday. Between watching the girls we’d have a go on the quiz machine. One Friday one of the strippers, an Aussie girl, ended up standing next to us at the machine. She knew all the answers because she’d play the machine between her shows. She helped us with the answers in return for drinks and we ended up quids in, but it was pretty distracting having a buxom girl standing there in her undies when you were trying to concentrate on the screen.  o
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phwoar! Beats watching University Challenge!  :o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom