SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB ‘ Silverface ‘ Champ or Vibro Champ

flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
edited August 2019 in Amps £
Looking either of above? ta.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Join the queue!!

@munckee has beaut of a 74 Champ but he says it's a keeper. They are silly money on Reverb and climbing all the time. 

God luck with the hunt! 
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Fuengi said:
    Join the queue!!

@munckee has beaut of a 74 Champ but he says it's a keeper. They are silly money on Reverb and climbing all the time. 

God luck with the hunt! 
    Thanks! Just missed  out on a cracking 67’ blackface champ the other day’ cosmetically the thing was as new, Jensen speaker fitted, original supplied but need reckoning, recent documented service.....£700! 
    Reverb prices amaze me.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    There's always one of these:
    http://www.ceriatone.com/american-classics-champ-ultra/

Pop it in a bigger 1x12 or 1x10 cab and it'll sound better than an original.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    hmmmm

Now you mention it -- I have a silverface Vibrochamp from 1978 (I think) and have been vaguely considering moving to something slightly bigger like a Princeton or Deluxe. I have no idea what the going rate is though.

It was serviced by Peter Hamstead a few years ago and converted to 240V operation. Otherwise it's original as far as I know. The speaker is a Jensen of some description.
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Pm’d