UPDATED: NGD x 2 - Fun Times Ahead...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 522
    Awesome job on the Epi. I like the tele too.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Huh. So Deryck Whibley is a real name.

Dr. Who fans on this forum will be jealous that you persuaded a Sontaran to photograph the Squier. ;)
    I had to go back and look. who knew Harry Seven was a Field Marshall? 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    Dr. Who fans on this forum will be jealous that you persuaded a Sontaran to photograph the Squier. ;)
    I had to go back and look. who knew Harry Seven was a Field Marshall? 
    On reflection (groan!), the photographer may have been 'Oward From The 'Alifax. 

Some guitar manufacturers charge extra for making the paint look like that. 

darthed1981 said:
    As far as I'm aware, these three-pickup LPs still have a three way switch, leaving a selection of one of the three pickups - could you fit a five way switch and a couple of push-pull pots and really get some versatility and wacky unique options?
    As long as your pickups have the ability to be coil-tapped, anything is possible...
    Aaaaggh! Coil split, man. 

Vintage three pickup Gibson Les Pauls and SGs have an extra sprung leaf on the selector switch. The switch selections are;
    1. Neck Only
    2. Middle and Bridge (out of phase)
    3. Bridge Only
    It is possible to reconfigure the four control pots in several interesting ways.
    • 3x individual volume per pickup, 1x master tone
    • Volume & tone for middle pickup. Volume & tone for bridge and neck pickups.
    • Steve Howe style - 3x individual volume per pickup, 1x master tone, 1x master volume. (One of the latter two is mounted in the selector switch orifice).
    Regarding the fancy switching suggestion. Older forumites may recall the book How To Customise Your Electric Guitar by Adrian Legg. In this, one of Legg's wiring experiments was a screw-on neck LP copy with so many mode switches that it resembled a porcupine. As Legg candidly observed, many of the permutations sounded extremely similar to each other and the majority of them sounded shite. (My wording.)

Stuck record time. The tidy way to get the most from a three pickup LP or SG is the Freeway 3x3-03 six-way selector switch. Knowing Lord Seven as I do, his taste would probably be for a rotary selector circuit à la Gibson L6-S. :-p
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.