SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 2013 Gibson 1934 Original Jumbo Ltd. Edition Re-issue

CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
edited August 2019 in Acoustics £
This is a total beast of a guitar. They were made in 2013 as a run of 100 guitars, copied in exacting detail from an original 1934 Jumbo, owned by Gary Burnett, X-Ray's the lot, and using all the same construction techniques. These would have been well over £6k in the UK when originally sold. Very similar build approach to the J45 Legend (I have one of them also), and it is a tough choice which one to part with, as they are very very different guitars.

This is a fully Hide Glue constructed guitar. Used all the best materials available to Gibson. Premium Adirondack top, I believe the fretboard is MRW, the same as my J45 Legend. It has a HUGE soft V neck profile, seriously, this is a BIG neck, if you like that it will be the best you have ever owned, but be warned! I think it is incredibly comfortable, and I have medium sized hands. It has a 1 3/4" nut width and 25" scale length. 2 3/8" string spacing at the saddle, smaller sound hole. Waverly tuners.

These guitars look like J45's, but they are their own thing. Very loud guitars if required, with incredible punch, but they are also really dynamic and can be played softly. Great for strumming, flatpicking and unexpectedly excellent for fingerpicking.

This is set up with a brilliant action, plays cleanly everywhere. No issues whatsoever. Starting to age nicely, no major dings anywhere.  All round amazing guitar, that will likely become collectable in the future.

I have played and owned a few of the 'small luthier shop' versions of the Gibson slope shoulder guitars, and whilst they sound good in their own way, they honestly do not sound like these top of the range Gibsons. 

£2,500 including insured delivery.   SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments