SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - roland G-707 guitar

G707 wanted - anything considered but no crazy prices 
thanks
Phil
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033

@Headless68 - before anyone tags me, I’ve got quite a few, but they’re NFS, sorry! :(

Do you just want the controller, or the GR-700 as well?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• trolleytrolley Frets: 89
    I always wanted one of those! It was to be my next purchase 30-odd years ago- and then my first son arrived!
    Good luck
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14573
    trolley said:
    I always wanted one of those … then my first son arrived!
    There’s gratitude. ;) 

G707 wanted - anything considered but no crazy prices 
    If you already have the 24-pin cable, G-series guitar controller by itself is a sensible way to purchase. (Assuming that H7 does not beat you to it!)

Despite appearances, the G-707 is comfortable worn on a strap. The vibrato is, shall we say, eccentric. For my tastes, the bridge/Treble position humbucker is not hot enough. 

Anyone who fancies the synthesizer sounds of the GR-700 would better advised to invest in a JX3-P or MKS-30 and, probably, a bunch of replacement voice chips.

The smart option is a 24-to-13-pin converter and a more versatile analogue synthesizer module.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I’ve been using guitar synths for years - had a 707 before and traded it in for a VG8 when they were loads of money - feeling nostalgic and really fancy another 
    so it’s the guitar I’m mostly interested in but would be interested in a set 
  • Would even consider a broken one as I can fit current GK kit if the electronics are dead