SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Trade my Eastwood Airline Twin Tone for something?

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9905
edited August 2019 in Guitars £
Thinking of getting a more suitable main instrument and offering up for sacrifice my lovely Eastwood Airline Twin Tone. Believe it's based on a model made famous by David Bowie and Link Wray. But it's made of wood and features more modern pickups.

24.75" scale, nice smooth fast neck, nice and light. Cool looks, very retro. Quite a small body even for me but feels nice and plays well. Two way switch for pickups and a volume and tone knob for each.

Was thinking about £300 value ish, but not selling unless something ideal comes along. A trade is therefore the order of the day if you fancy it.

Trade list would be:

- Nice smooth playing guitar like a Tele style or Jazzmaster style, or maybe an Eastwood Airline, or a low end Gretsch.. Maybe others, ask away. I'm quite particular on looks but try me  would not be adverse to trading downwards to a decent cheapy to be honest

- Small amp or valve preamp

- Frfr speaker

- Wireless system

Based in Birmingham more photos available upon request. Would rather not post it... Don't trust royal mail

Cheers
Matt

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14592
    not selling unless something ideal comes along … would not be adverse to trading downwards to a decent cheapy to be honest
    Would I be correct to summarise your requirements as a Fender-inspired solidbody electric guitar with two pickups and either a fixed bridge or a simple vibrato? (i.e. Not Les Pauls or SGs.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9905
    edited August 2019
    not selling unless something ideal comes along … would not be adverse to trading downwards to a decent cheapy to be honest
    Would I be correct to summarise your requirements as a Fender-inspired solidbody electric guitar with two pickups and either a fixed bridge or a simple vibrato? (i.e. Not Les Pauls or SGs.)
    How do good sir, pretty much yes although I don't mind if solid or hollow really. Also happy to consider non Fender type things, but not the general LP or SG styles as you say. I like primary colours or white more than wood coloured or bursts
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14592
    Thank you for narrowing down the possibilities. I shall see what I can do then, PM you.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Sounds good I think the main thing is something practical and reliable but I am still annoyingly image conscious so something that looks a certain way will always help. Vanity is the quicksand of Reason (other DAWs are available).

I play White Stripes style indie, and Jeff Buckley style self indulgent strumming, so with a bridge and neck pickup I'm sorted for either. Neck scale is not so much of an issue (have used 25.5, 24.75 and 24 but I have found that a fretboard radius that is less flat suits better for what I play.

Trem is a nice-to-have but not essential by any means.

Not averse to considering "wildcards" but I need to be rational about this ultimately in order to get on with playing music and not just thinking about the idea.