Would you accept these strings?

What's Hot
Just got some GHS strings from strings direct and on both plain E and B and G they have some black stuff on the strings. You can feel it! Its like the string has gone funny?!! Anyone experience these before? Would you send them back?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I had Nickel Rockers with that on and sent them back it's corrosion, maybe I was being precious but I wasn't going to take them. Customer service was great and they sent new ones without quibbling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • So I got a bad pack. I have curt Mangan strings with this before and just left them on but they felt bad. Other curt mangan strings where great though. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    You were lucky. Normally you'd have to pay extra for relic strings.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha i was wondering why they cost more than d'addario’s :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Absolutely send them back! I would.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835

I've had that before on Ernie Ball Slinky acoustic strings, I bought them in Wunjo on Denmark St.

I didn't bother taking them back, I put them on the guitar anyway, and after a few days the G snapped.

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Send them back, they're unacceptable. GHS strings seem to be crap these days. Used to use them, but I had the same problem a couple of years ago with some sets I bought from Hot Rox. They were very apologetic and sent me out some replacements, but they were also rusty and/or black in places. Hot Rox were happy to send me some more which they opened and checked before sending out. No sure how it happens as the outer pack is sealed, low quality recycled metal?