When men were men and amps were AMPs.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    My friends band used to have all Hiwatt gear.  They went to the factory and custom ordered it.  The bass player got a 200 watt head with a 4x15 cabinet with Fane Crescendos in it.  The cabinet had scaffolding pole reinforcement.  It just had the usual two Hiwatt handles and skids.  It took 3 people to move it (you needed the extra one because it was top heavy and would lean forward when you picked it up.  After moving that, the keyboard players Fender Rhodes 88 was a doddle!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31605
    My mate's 8x10 Marshall bass cab is like that, when we all helped him load in we should've all been wearing black suits and top hats. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    edited August 2019
    When men were men you say?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    Actual Marshall ad from the late 80s...

I still can't decide if they were taking the piss or not...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    ICBM said:
    Actual Marshall ad from the late 80s...

I still can't decide if they were taking the piss or not...
    Funnily enough, I actually remember seeing that ad in magazines. Which is pretty scary as it would have been around 30 years ago.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 640
    I was impressed by the size of the paintings.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom