Back to pedals! opinions, alternatives etc... would be great

2»

Comments

• firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    I made exactly that move - ditched the G-System for a G2 and pedals. I got the Timeline, it's fantastic, I like my fancy delays and it's just great, and really easy to use.

I very quickly bought a Flint and a favourite switch for it, which gave me a couple of different reverbs. It's enough, and I like the simplicity.

I got a bunch of mod pedals, including a Lex and a Mojo Vibe, a DOD flanger. They're awesome but I realised I missed having EVERYTHING. Like I want a couple of different flanger sounds, and chorus, and vibrato. So now I'm wanting a Möbius. Definitely want to have a listen first, but I do think it's going to be fine.

The Wampler stuff is overrated in my opinion, I don't understand the hype.

If you want a solo boost and you're using the amp in the G2's insert loop, stick a Lehle Sunday Driver in loop 10. Totally clean boost, whatever your sound - it just gets louder.

Nice true bypass wah in front of the G2, and if you're feeling flush, the Turbo Tuner too (it's also true bypass).

I also use a Way Huge Pork Loin, which I think is very underrated, and a fuzz and a treble booster, but that stuff you'll always be dicking about with.

You'll be blown away at the tonal improvement after the G-System - it really does suck tone, balanced cables and buffers not withstanding.

Do it!

Sadly I now want an Axe FX, but that's another story. :-)
    great input, thanks! 

yeah the thought of how much money its going to cost sucks, but i just dont really want to "make do" with what ive got. of course the nova system isnt crap, nor is it amazing. good for the price you can get them 2nd hand id say. 

how many reverb presets can you get with the flint/ blue sky and a favourite and can you use midi? i was pretty set on the big sky because of the content and the ability to switch presets with midi. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom