Paul Reed Smith Mark Tremonti Signature 15W Valve Guitar Amplifier Head £385

What's Hot

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3339
    Do these still have huge noise floor issues?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3991
    I can't look at Reidy's site at the moment, they've got some right offers on Vigiers and I'm trying to, you know, not constantly buy guitars for like a minute.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I gave up on these as they are riddled with issues. 

The MT15 FB group now saying that prs have revised the circuit slightly to get rid of some issues though not sure if they’ve filtered into the U.K. market yet 
  • Riddled with what issues?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited August 2019
    Riddled with what issues?
    Very loud mains hum, general non isolated hum, effects loop issues , channel switching failure, channels dying 

My first one had major hum issues and then the clean channel complete died within a couple of hrs of it arriving. 

The second had major hum problems again and the effects loop killed the tone. 

By this stage id joined the FB group and saw that these were common issues and then lots people were having even more problems than I was so I wasn’t to willing to try a third amp 

Not all we’re bad and some people have been ok but the strike rate of bad amps was very high and PRS we’re denying this was a major problem. Yet since then they’ve revised the circuit 
  • Ouch! Sounds rough.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    edited August 2019
    My MT15 went straight back to Andertons for a refund. Mains hum coming through spkr even when standby was on and a bloody racket when vol was increased. Such a pity prs made such an arse of that amp.
  • Too bad. What a brilliant amp on paper. But something must have been wrong. Lots of factors that usually command higher price tags (PRS, Signature model, big iron/6L6, etc.), yet dirt cheap. Too good to be true.