Fano standard JM6...thoughts?

What's Hot
drpbierdrpbier Frets: 228
Coda have these at a discount and I was thinking it might be a cheaper Novo Serus alternative...anyone played or owned one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6404
    I had a post-Dennis one, it was ok, just not as inspiring as the (too heavy) Dennis made Alt de Facto I swapped for it. The Alt de Facto was great (sitting down), I suspect the Novo Serus would equally awesome.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5460
    edited August 2019
    Funny thing is the "discount price" is actually the price they were originally when they were introduced here in 2016...

That said, pretty nice guitars... but for an 'alternative to Novo' perhaps look at the UK's own Fidelity Guitars... they are, IMO, the "British Novo"... they are highly configurable, they use roasted woods, they do interesting relics, and they top out at about £2k.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 497
    I have Fano JM6 standard and Novo. The Fano is very good but Novo is step up.

A few 2nd hand Novo's have come up recently on FB for around 2k mark. J model has medium C neck and T model chunky C.

As ever best to try before purchase. 
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 228
    Thanks Whitecat - I've seen these but they just don't do it for me. They do look cool...but not hitting the spot
    Whitecat said:
    for an 'alternative to Novo' perhaps look at the UK's own Fidelity Guitars... they are, IMO, the "British Novo"

• drpbierdrpbier Frets: 228
    Thanks Wesker - I'll go to Coda with some spare time and see what's what