Belated NGD...

What's Hot
BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
edited August 2019 in Guitar

Took this in px against my Strat from @munckee, its a US Fender body with an Allparts Neck. i’ve swapped out the pickups and had a new relic’d guard made. Also added to the relic’ing to put another couple of years on it!

still not sold on sunburst but it plays like a dream.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That looks awesome!
    If you're not sold on the finish, try a black pickguard maybe....  There are production model American specials with the same kinda finish but BWB guard, might just fit the scheme a bit more than a cream one....

I'd  leave it though and see if you get used to it, it looks pretty rad!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    That looks awesome!
    If you're not sold on the finish, try a black pickguard maybe....  There are production model American specials with the same kinda finish but BWB guard, might just fit the scheme a bit more than a cream one....

I'd  leave it though and see if you get used to it, it looks pretty rad!
    Thanks. Its growing on me, I just wish it was a blonde (don't we all? :) )

I wasn't a huge fan of the narrow frets either at first but after my guy dressed the ends as they were a bit on the sharp side it plays sooo nicely, string bends are almost too easy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Why have you stuck a logo on it just out of interest?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Your relic pickguard looks better than the mint.  What pickups have you put in?
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    edited August 2019
    @poopot ;; I just couldn't stand looking at a blank head stock. I know it's not technically a Fender but the body is and bridge p'up is so its abut 70% Fender. I haven't lacquered over so if Fender threaten to sue then i'll scratch it back off!

@munckee ;; Neck is a Duncan '59 and the bridge is an Esquire. Looking for something like a LP Jr so i may move the '59 across and put a proper vintage Tele one in there.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5853
    Looks good to me.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.