SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Baudier NAMM Yellow Moon Roadster

PigknowsPigknows Frets: 39
edited August 2019 in Guitars £

Unique US Baudier Yellow Moon Roadster from NAMM 2014.

Designed and built from scratch by Tony Baudier who also happens to be a hot rod car nut - every Roadster is based on a similar 'offset' template but has a unique configuration and paint job.

Bought from Krameree in 2016, it's probably the best quality guitar I've ever owned or played - and I've owned Custom Shop Fenders, US PRS and vintage Gibsons. 

It's a proper 'custom' guitar: a unique and refined combination of familiar and new elements; really well thought out and built with a rare attention to detail; all workmanship, materials and hardware are absolutely top notch; extreme flame maple neck; tuners are extremely precise and stable. 

Something of a cross between a Tele and an Offset. Neck is straight and frets unworn. Neck profile is similar to a modern Strat or Tele. Plays great with no issues.  

The four way pickup switch was originally wired to select each pickup in humbucker or single coil mode.
Previous owner had it rewired to select the bridge humbucker, bridge single coil, outer single coils together, and neck single coil. The resulting sounds are like a cross between a Tele and a filtertron Gretsch, or perhaps like a Gretsch with dynasonics. Sweet, refined and twangy - not muddy at all. 

Bought and sold with no case, but kept in a hard case (which I need for another guitar) since I owned it. During that time I've played it about a dozen times and only at home because my default and gigging guitar is my best up Nocaster and I've been mad busy at work.

Roadster Specs from website:
One piece honduran mahogany body 
Custom Paint and finish 
Flame or Quilted maple bolt on neck 
Maple Fret board 22fret 25.5 scale 
Ebony or Carbonfiber inlays 
Jumbo stainless frets 
Baudier Graphite hard tail bridge 
Graphite fiber nut 
Gotoh locking tuners 
Baudier custom shop humbucker pickup
1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

•  That's bonkers! Never even heard of the company before, let alone the actual model!

Not everyone's cup of tea I imagine, but looks pretty cool. Not sure I'm cool enough to pull it off though! :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5797
    That is ridiculously tempting  :3
  • PigknowsPigknows Frets: 39
    bump!