Takamine Guitar Clinics

Hi everyone, I'm on the road for a few days next month doing some clinics for Takamine guitars - I'll be at A Strings in Pontypridd on Monday Sept 23rd and Guitar Guitar Camden on Tuesday Sept 24th. Would be great to see some of you - come with any acoustic (or otherwise!) technique questions for me and the guys at Takamine are really cool, there's usually some sort of goodie bag giveaway! Start times are usually 7pm ish but I'll check that 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    What models do you demo, @stuartryanmusic and...at the risk of conflict of interest...what models do you rate from Tak? 

When GG were doing their blowout deals I tried a P7D and was very impressed, I hesitated and it sold and in the end I picked up a 340-STT which is great, but the neck is a real handful! The P7 was a nice offset / asymmetric profile that was really easy to play.

• Hi Moe, I don't actually work for them directly, just as a clinician so I can be fairly balanced - the one I usually play at these things is a 740 FS tt which is a great instrument for fingerstyle (torrified top too). I'm usually playing pretty demanding solo guitar at these events so I need something I can get around on easily and that instrument is great - quite a wide fingerboard but lovely neck and it sounds superb. Sadly they are discontinuing this model but there are some crazy blow out deals on them right now - I think they were about £1800 new and I've just found one for £999. All the TT (torrified top) models are worth checking out though the cheaper guitars are also fantastic for strumming in a band mix. As with all these things I don't get a free guitar but I'd love one of their 12 strings or a Glenn Frey model! 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Great info - thanks.