Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Exam Results - just cost me a guitar!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Fuengi said:
    Turns out I can't actually read exam results, he actually got six 6s not four. The combined science grading was confusing (for me)! 

Might have to get him a Lowden! 
    Makes 2 of us then.. (not the guitar part I got off lightly with a new pair of Vans).  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3216
    If you can transfer inches to cm and km to miles you’re sorted with the new system. ;)

Seriously, as a lit teacher who has just had a day full of it with his students -you give that lad of yours a hug and buy him a stonking guitar. Well done to both of you, as I bet there were as many parental hours of revision involved! :)
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    If you can transfer inches to cm and km to miles you’re sorted with the new system. ;)

Seriously, as a lit teacher who has just had a day full of it with his students -you give that lad of yours a hug and buy him a stonking guitar. Well done to both of you, as I bet there were as many parental hours of revision involved! :)

I have to give all the credit to the school. They had the kids in for all the revision, got them motivated and organised. All we had to do was keep him fed and focussed, and not too stressed.

He went to an inner city state school in Portsmouth but has a really good set of mates and they all did well. 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Well done to the lad!

My daughter got an amazing result for her Art B-tech so I'm knocking up an Orange Telecaster for her. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11775
    Massive Congratulations :)

Enjoy the guitar shop :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Fuengi said:
    I promised Fuengi Jr a new guitar if he got three 6's in his GCSE results. He got one 7, four 6's and a pair of 5's. 

Trip to Guitar Village awaits. I'll never be so happy to part with some cash!  =)
    Congrats!

the new grading system sounds like poker
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1312
    My eldest came away with one 8, three 7s, two 6s, three 5s and two 4s - a good spectrum.  Maths was a worry, and we'd had extra tuition for her resulting in a 5, so we're all really pleased.  It's been a rough ride for her, but she put an immense amount of effort.  We surprised her with an engraved silver ring, and we all went for a steak dinner last night.  
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Bod said:
    My eldest came away with one 8, three 7s, two 6s, three 5s and two 4s - a good spectrum.  Maths was a worry, and we'd had extra tuition for her resulting in a 5, so we're all really pleased.  It's been a rough ride for her, but she put an immense amount of effort.  We surprised her with an engraved silver ring, and we all went for a steak dinner last night.  
    That’s a great set! World’s her oyster..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Went to Guitar Village yesterday and he picked out this Eastman PCH which is perfect. Good choice I think and GV were happy to chuck him in a gig bag.

Happy lad and dad!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks great! Congrats again :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6685
    Nice one! Hey @Fuengi, you've earned yourself a 7 in Proud Dad. 
  • Nice one Herbie :+1: 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12371
    Now he has a guitar fit for his mad skills. Hope he's enjoying college. 
  • Well done that lad! I hated doing my GCSEs so fair play to him doing so well.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • Fuengi said:
    I promised Fuengi Jr a new guitar if he got three 6's in his GCSE results. He got one 7, four 6's and a pair of 5's. 

Trip to Guitar Village awaits. I'll never be so happy to part with some cash!  =)
    Well done, my dad did the same for me. Went to guitar village and bought a strat plus....I part exchanged it for an SG later that year (still have the SG nearly twenty years later). 
    Congrats to your son!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • My Dad bought me my very first guitar on HIS birthday.  Forty-odd years later, I still treasure that memory and the lifetime of unbridled joy the guitar has brought me. Oh, the kindness of fabulous fathers ...