SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Custom Shop '55 Reissue Stratocaster - £175,000 - Nos, AA Flame Neck

What's Hot
fendermadlewisfendermadlewis Frets: 647
edited August 2019 in Guitars £

Bought from dannyboy82 this week and after a dam good thrashing I've come to the conclusion that I actually prefer my AVRI 56 (now withdrawn). I guess I'm just more accustom to it. I can't keep both so this has to go!

Having said that, this an incredible guitar and pretty much the perfect spec for a strat. Great condition apart from one ding on the back. Absolute tone monster!

Ash Body
AA Flame maple neck
Medium Jumbo Frets
10" Radius
Hand Wound Josefina 55 'low gain' pickups

I did have this up for £1750 which is what I paid for it, but even that has isn't enough for some people, so I might as well try and make a profit from it! I'm now looking for £175,000 ono. Trades considered for a 2 bedroom flat, or part exchange for a reasonable size boat.

Lewis

Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
  Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fendermadlewisfendermadlewis Frets: 647
    edited August 2019
    And the lollers are out again. Hi guys! Glad this post amuses you, thanks for the free frets  3

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2406
    Well I kind of apologise because I could have sworn it said £1950 earlier......or maybe it was your Facebook ads at £1950 that caused the mind and eyes to play tricks.....

Musical Instruments
    Fender Custom Shop '55 Nos Stratocaster - AA Flame neck
    York, England · 4 hours ago · 
    £1,950
    Fender Custom Shop '55 Nos Stratocaster - AA Flame neck

An incredible guitar and pretty much the perfect spec for a strat. Great condition apart from one ding on the back. Absolute tone monster!

Ash Body
    AA Flame maple neck
    Medium Jumbo Frets
    10" Radius
    Hand Wound Josefina 55 'low gain' pickups

£1950

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    So what?? He can ask what he likes for it, whether the forum police approve or not. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Strat54 said:
    Well I kind of apologise because I could have sworn it said £1950 earlier......or maybe it was your Facebook ads at £1950 that caused the mind and eyes to play tricks.....

“Kind of”  or maybe you should genuinely apologise. It’s nothing to do with you what he sells it for.   If you don’t like it then don’t buy it but no need to be a dick about it.   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    @Strat54 Sorry, copying and pasting my Facebook listing here like you've solved some sort of scooby doo mystery won't cut it as a sorry. I'd like a full apology please.

I'm completely open about being a guitar dealer. Offering it back up for what I paid for it to fretboarders is more than most, probably all guitar 'dealers' would do. 

Besides, 1950 is a starting point for the knob ends of Facebook. I'll be lucky if the 'facebook dealer' side of this listing makes 50 quid off it by the time I get haggled down by chancers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dannyboy82dannyboy82 Frets: 150

Good grief! I'm the guy that sold him the guitar and I couldn't give a flying fuck what he does with it/sells it for. Lewis is a top man and an absolute pleasure to deal with. I'm really sorry it didn't quite work out but someone is going to be really happy with that strat, it's a great guitar at a great price.

GLWS

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1425
    Ask £10,000 for it if you like. If you find an idiot willing to pay it then good on ya! Some people have issues with the strangest things that aren't even any of their business!
  • Thanks @dannyboy82, the neck was just a little big in shoulders for me. It sounds phenomenal though. Hopefully itll go on to a good home! Thanks for being such a champ with the logistic as well  B)

• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 918
    edited August 2019
    I know how excited lewis was for this to be THE strat, he’s been whelping like a whippet about it all week only for it not to work out... give him a break
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dubberdubber Frets: 34
    I think the neck is a big part of the tone, I've a strat with a 54 U neck which is also killer,  you get used to the extra shoulder!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2406
    No Scooby Doo mystery to be solved, I was merely demonstrating where the figure of £1950 came from. I spent too much time on Gumtree and FB Classifieds today searching for a guitar for an elderly mate who doesn't do the internet it would seem. 
    edited August 2019
    It's no problem, we all make mistakes (and apologize for them). I've upped the price now that I can safely make a profit from it without a lynching

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2865
    edited August 2019
    Lovely guitar. Good luck with the sale. 

Shame about the growing people on here who think they're job as members is to patrol the internet. 

On a positive I was offered a East London flat for my 63 strat, when I put it up for trades (seriously). So you might get lucky at £175k.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @bgmartinsbridge! I'm quietly confident...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4202
    I have this rule that I apply to the FB, I refuse to make a profit on gear, I bought my Hamer for £1100, I could have gotten more but I sold it for £1100, so we both got a bargain and a lovely guitar. Any Trader can ask what they like and I’d bang a few £100 on a Facebook price too :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2229
    God FB and Gumtree ads..... put something on for £1000, you can guarantee you'll get a load of offers at £500. I'm just glad the site exists, I dont buy/sell anything, anywhere else now. 

GLWTS! 
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 209
    will you accept an offer of £176,000?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @bloomer Absolutely not! Its over priced as it is, I'm not going any higher!

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    How many times do we have to remind people of rule 6 of the classifieds rules?

Flag it if you genuinely think that an ad is dodgy or breaks the rules, don't harass the seller on the thread. Criticising prices counts as harassment”

It’s there in black and white - criticising prices counts as harassment. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Lewis is honest and like the rest of us, mad for gear. I know how gutted he is to have not got on with the neck. He never bought this guitar with the intention of selling it!

The current situation is he has two black strats with maple necks and he prefers one of them!