New Danish Pete Signature Victory

What's Hot
PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
edited August 2019 in Amps
https://www.andertons.co.uk/victory-dp40-danish-pete-honore-signature-40w-duchess-head-purple

Thoughts? I know he's got a set of Monty's Pickups signature line as well as the Dane. Boy is doing well!

"The DP40 therefore retains many of the V40's features and specs, but is emblazoned with Pete's signature purple colour scheme and features a tweaked reverb circuit that suits Pete's specific ambient tastes."
This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Hmmm...he's an excellent guitarist and all round nice chap (it seems) and I see the reason for the Thorpyfx....but not so much the rest of the signature items.

Mind you, I don't tend to go for signature gear unless I absolutely love the band/music/song writing... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    I think it's a rule that anyone who has ever been on Andertons youtube shows gets a signature Victory amp.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I personally hate this wave of “signature” products which are barely breathed on - change of colour and a tweaked reverb circuit, such effort. 

The same lack of effort for the Tom Quayle Ibanez AZ, and there a lot more, usually linked to YouTube “stars” rather than working musicians.

Sorry to be grumpy but it is the most transparent ruse going.

Ibanez JEM they ain’t!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited August 2019
    Seeing as many people seemed to have found the V40 'dark' (Rabea makes this comment on his Revival Drive Compact demo), surely Victory have missed the perfect opportunity to also revoice the amp a bit brighter?
    (I've always fancied one but was put off by consenus that its dark)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    timbuk02 said:
    Seeing as many people seemed to have found the V40 'dark' (Rabea makes this comment on his Revival Drive Compact demo), surely Victory have missed the perfect opportunity to also revoice the amp a bit brighter?
    My thoughts as well - not exactly a massive change, just altering the reverb....
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2579
    tFB Trader
    PC_Dave said:
    timbuk02 said:
    My thoughts as well - not exactly a massive change, just altering the reverb....
    some people like dark amps, DP obviously does, maybe the reverb is voiced a bit brighter which can help
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    timbuk02 said:
    Agreed. They could have brightened it up and made it a nice lunchbox British built sparkly Fender. 
    edited August 2019
    dindude said:
    I personally hate this wave of “signature” products which are barely breathed on - change of colour and a tweaked reverb circuit, such effort. 

The same lack of effort for the Tom Quayle Ibanez AZ, and there a lot more, usually linked to YouTube “stars” rather than working musicians.

Ibanez JEM they ain’t!
    I hate to be grumpy too. But im cynical. Thorpys pedal is excellent... A true new pedal. I've got a lot of respect for Thorpy and totally understand why he wants to get Pete involved.

However, making everything purple and shoving a tweak in.... No. A Bullet Telecaster?! Why on earth do I want one?

If it was Johnny Marr I'd feel differently because he writes amazing songs. Personally I have no interest in YouTube or session musicians. They are all more talented than me though... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    But it's emblazoned with his signature.
    That's got to be a good thing, right?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited August 2019
    timbuk02 said:
    Danish Pete uses the V40D or V140D and not the V40 in most of the Anderton vids I've seen. They are voiced notably brighter than the V40.

Is adding a new paint job and reverb software algorithm to the V40 a way of shifting old stock that's piling up of the older V40? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3989
    dindude said:

Ibanez JEM they ain’t!
    Not sure Tom Quayle is the right target for this particular piece of opprobrium, for all the truth of your first sentence.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Makes me think of Malibu Stacey with a new hat.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Sassafras said:
    But it's emblazoned with his signature.
    That's got to be a good thing, right?
    Being Danish Pete's, I would expect it to come with a bag of Colombian Marching Powder.

He genuinely always has the slightly glazed expression of someone who didn't sleep in a bed the night before. Especially when he wears a Hawaiian shirt. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MentalSharpsMentalSharps Frets: 165
    edited October 2019
    It's a slightly odd phenomenon, considering YouTubers are anti-stars, the whole appeal is they are normal down to earth people who happen to be entertaining and pretty good at X. I really wonder what the conversion rate is between "followers" and sales is. No slight at all to Danish Pete. Enjoy his playing a lot. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    prlgmnr said:

Not sure Tom Quayle is the right target for this particular piece of opprobrium, for all the truth of your first sentence.
    Nice vocabulary... just looked it up :)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    prlgmnr said:

Nice vocabulary... just looked it up :)
    Had to look it up too, I’ll use that again thanks. And he defiantly is the right target. Same neck profile, same pickups, same hardware, just a different top on his guitar.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    However, making everything purple and shoving a tweak in.... No. A Bullet Telecaster?! Why on earth do I want one?

Better than you think I suspect.

But whether you or I want one is pretty irrelevant now, all 250 sold out in about two hours!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Hydrogen Opprobriumate - a critical mass.

Better than you think I suspect.

But whether you or I want one is pretty irrelevant now, all 250 sold out in about two hours!
    Madness. Cheap yes.... But I'd have no use for it.