Player Strat Pickups Value?

What's Hot
thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
How much do you think the pickups from a Player Strat would be worth?

Can't find any completed sales on eBay and not sure how usefully they could be compared to Mexican Standard pickups since, now they're proper alnico, should be more desirable as an upgrade from a Squier (or even Mexican Standard itself).

Not asking for offers or how much one might "low ball" to chance their luck, it's how much you genuinely think they'd realistically go for.

If anyone has actually sold them that would be perfect but welcome any educated estimates too :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• For quick cash to offset the cost of a the upgrades, you'd get at least 50 quid for the set. I'd stick them on Ebay and reverb for £90 and see what happens though, people often pay silly money for things that you can't buy without a guitar attached ;) 
    Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    £50 to 60 is about right and agree @ ebay, always with a punt if you are in no rush
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Don't you still have to pay for an eBay ad even if the thing doesn't sell?
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Just had a thought - I wonder if wiring them up to a pickguard (I do have a spare) and selling them as a loaded pickguard would be more fruitful?

I have a spare 5-way switch from a USA Strat, think I might have a pot or two but would possibly have to buy some.
  • I've not seen the Player series pickups yet -  are they still built around a plastic bobbin? If so, benchmark against similar plastic bobbin pickups like those from a Classic series or the Tex Mex puckups. I'd say £40-50, but I'll also say they probably aren't my kind of thing, so someone else might pay more. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3875
    I'd keep them and reinstall them before you sell the guitar, so that it's original again. The after market pups will go for more on eBay etc.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Lebarque said:
    I'd keep them and reinstall them before you sell the guitar, so that it's original again. The after market pups will go for more on eBay etc.
    I agree. If you’re not desperate for the money keep them for when you want to move the guitar on.
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Echo the above. Unless you're massively in need of that £40-50 just keep them to return to stock, stick in a partscaster, etc.

I sold the Tex mex pickups from a roadworn Tele, I think I got about £45. Sure it paid for half of a nice set of handwound replacements, but I should have kept them in hindsight.

Depends on the pickups though. I got silly money for a set of chrome classic 57s on eBay.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!