• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 918
    Just wow
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Faker than a Towie tan!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19031
    Masterclass in Gibson authentic traditional paint finishing.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11910
    Nut is well cut though, now I KNOW it's a fake...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Has the paint been applied with a roller or a sponge?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2429
    edited August 2019
    Nothing fake about that as far as I can see - Gibson did some weird budget USA models in 2017/2018 that were roundly panned by reviewers. Basically, cheap guitars milking the badge to get that bit of the market that values brand over literally anything better they could get for their money.

http://espanol.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/USA/Les-Paul-Custom-Special-S-Series.aspx

Not sure why the spanish site is the best bet, but the main site appears to have gotten rid of all old model pages besides the current range.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Sorry not fake, just shit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    edited August 2019
    Not fake at all. Gibson line-up pic...

I quite like them, although not in that finish - the blue and the green, and maybe the gold, suit it much better than any of the traditional colours.

Much nicer than a Sonex - but I wouldn't pay £500 for one of these either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10732
    edited August 2019 tFB Trader
    Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz ... that's as rough as a porcupine's scrotum ... it's not even a gawd awful copy of a bad copy made by someone who lost their glasses.
    But then again ........
    Yep ... it appears to authentic s--t   :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Plus he’s going to send it via parcelforce who don’t insure instruments 
    Plus he’s going to send it via parcelforce who don’t insure instruments 
    Less of a problem than with most Gibsons since it has a maple neck... which is one reason I like them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19031
    ICBM said:

I quite like them, although not in that finish - the blue and the green, and maybe the gold, suit it much better than any of the traditional colours.

10 out of 10 for consistency  ;)
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/94154/gibson-2017-les-paul-custom-special
    Kittyfrisk said:

10 out of 10 for consistency  ;) 
    No reason not to be - I really do quite like them and I'd happily play one if I needed a straightforward two-humbucker guitar and it was a sensible price. The green is my favourite, but actually most of them are fine except that awful black one with the grain showing through - the other black one is OK.

Best budget guitar Gibson have made for decades.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10732
    tFB Trader
    I don't mind the homage to the Marauder etc in the body shape ... though the Marauder had a much prettier headstock.
    But for the love of god that paint finish ... didn't anyone actually look at it and say ...'hey Ed ... these look like they've been shat out by a badger ... perhaps black ain't a good choice ...' 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    zepp76 said:
    Faker than a Towie tan!
    ICBM said:

My apologies, seems you learn something new every day!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    Mark, get in here to authenticate authenticness 
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1176
    But.....it doesn't appear to have any paperwork !  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Plus he’s going to send it via parcelforce who don’t insure instruments 
    Uhmmm, I received a Melody Maker via Parcelforce last week.... wrapped in some bubble wrap. I didn't know until the guy sent it that it was via Parcelforce, sounds like the enhanced insurance was a waste of money. Amazingly though it arrived in one piece! 
    SlopeSoarer said:

I received a Melody Maker via Parcelforce last week.... wrapped in some bubble wrap. I didn't know until the guy sent it that it was via Parcelforce, sounds like the enhanced insurance was a waste of money.
    Parcelfarce insurance for musical instruments is pure fraud. They will take your money knowing full well that they are specifically excluded.

In fact almost all couriers will exclude damage insurance if the guitar isn’t in a hard case.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    SlopeSoarer said:

I received a Melody Maker via Parcelforce last week.... wrapped in some bubble wrap. I didn't know until the guy sent it that it was via Parcelforce, sounds like the enhanced insurance was a waste of money.
    Parcelfarce insurance for musical instruments is pure fraud. They will take your money knowing full well that they are specifically excluded.

In fact almost all couriers will exclude damage insurance if the guitar isn’t in a hard case.
    As you say it is fraud as there was no mistaking it as anything else other than a guitar!