I’ve got a bass taking up space! Any value in selling?

What's Hot
IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
Howdy 4 stringers.

I’ve had a bass for years and never really used it’s - a Yamaha RBX 270 J in natural.

If it’s worth ~ £100 I’ll probably sell it. Used prices seem to be all over the place on eBay.

Having just bought a new guitar amp I’m looking a surplus gear to sell and fund it.

Any thoughts please?
Previously known as stevebrum
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Regardless of some of the daft low prices on Ebay, I doubt there is a Yamaha bass ever made that isn't worth at least £100 to someone who wants a great starter bass.

I would expect to see it at about £149 in a shop.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Thanks @ICBM I’m told it’s a decent instrument - when I got it a bass playing workmate said it is played better than the equivalent Squiers at the time.

I think if I got another bass I’d look at short scale ones. I think for my very casual foray into the low end one would suit me better 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    Good, solid - in several senses of the word - instrument. Excellent woodworking. The 270 gets decent tuners. Its pickup cavities are standard shapes. Excellent mod platform.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Keep it.

Play it.

Bass is cool.

:)
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • danowensdanowens Frets: 27
    My main bass (even as I started pro) was an entry-level Yamaha RBX360. They are excellent instruments and personally I think every guitarist should have a bass in their arsenal for the day when they realize they want to be more attractive, and make the switch to bass!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Thanks gents - if I do sell it I will get another bass one day.
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    My first ever bass, bought 17 years ago, was a Yamaha RBX270 in metallic purple.

Stopped playing bass regularly, chucked it in a wardrobe for a very long time, started playing bass in a band again recently and dug it out for backup duties. A good clean and some new strings was all it needed, I forgot how good those basses are for the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom