Joe Bo vs Echopark

What's Hot
skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 977
apologies if this has been posted elsewhere...there’s an interesting ‘debate’ going on on Instagram with joe Bonamassa and echo park guitars over a Flying V ... :)
  • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    Instawhat?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4264
    Yeah I saw that. Pretty bemusing move on Echopark’s part...publicise signing a licensing deal with Gibson and then slag off an Epiphone sig model of one of Gibson’s biggest artists. How did they think that was going to go for them?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    considering echopark has a really bad slating on forums over there guitars recently I'm really surprised Gibson have teamed up with them

Wonder how that'll turn out 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2339
    considering echopark has a really bad slating on forums over there guitars recently I'm really surprised Gibson have teamed up with them

Probably get pulled...
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10728
    tFB Trader

My guess is that Gibson will quietly walk away ... well they will if they have any sense  ... but that seems a bit lacking at Gibson these days.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1469
    edited August 2019
    Are you allowed to share any of the text, my exchangeagram is broken

Oooh, found some info:

https://www.gearnews.com/joe-bonamassa-7000-echopark-amos-flying-v-replica-had-finish-falling-off/

Also interesting that Rumble Seat music can advertise and sell 'replica' guitars without getting prosecuted, is that just a UK thing?

https://www.gbase.com/gear/echo-park-joe-bonamassa-amos-flying-v-2017-korina
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23145

Some have pointed out that Joe was happy to sell the guitar on at a profit, without mentioning the finish falling off.

https://www.gbase.com/gear/echo-park-joe-bonamassa-amos-flying-v-2017-korina

But when you look at the letter with the guitar, it's hardly a ringing endorsement of Echopark.  It reads like a polite reference letter for an ex-employee you were very glad to see the back off.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11640
    tFB Trader
    I think it could seem like a close call to have a relic finish guitar and complain about the finish falling off

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9393
    I haven’t seen this as I’m not on Instagram. Gabe’s PR is shit and his guitars are variable. I played some that are utter turds, but the la carne I got from Coda earlier this year is an absolute lifetime keeper. The neck is sublime and the p90 at the bridge is as good as a vintage Gibson. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 977
    the instagram post has been deleted now so I suppose like guitar forums it got out of hand on there..lol
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7169
    I wrote the article, but luckily I took a screen shot of the text. So here is the rant.

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    stonevibe said:
    I wrote the article, but luckily I took a screen shot of the text. So here is the rant.

Wow that's unbelievable 

I've built guitars with korina and nitro, never had finish fall off on anything inc set neck tele and strat style, special and dc junior etc, finish just doesn't come off, no idea what they did but it's really crap, not to mention how much you got fleeced 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Echopark have an awful reputation. Some people on TGP waited 5 or more years and ended up with terrible guitars after a lot of waiting, a lot of chasing and a lot of money spent. Seems a bizarre decision for Gibson to partner with them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4264
    johnl said:
    Echopark have an awful reputation. Some people on TGP waited 5 or more years and ended up with terrible guitars after a lot of waiting, a lot of chasing and a lot of money spent. Seems a bizarre decision for Gibson to partner with them.
    Seems like a match made in heaven :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I just can't understand it, Gibson are normally so aware of their market and never make bizarre decisions.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    I just can't understand it, Gibson are normally so aware of their market and never make bizarre decisions.
    Surprised they didn't partner with a well known sausage fingered purveyor of modified instruments ... :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    Sassafras said:
    Surprised they didn't partner with a well known sausage fingered purveyor of modified instruments ... :-)
    Who else could have inspired those 2015 necks :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    edited August 2019
    Sassafras said:
    Prince Andrew??
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    Prince Andrew??
    I laughed so hard i choked on my coffee ...