Sorry, another Harley Benton thread! (SC Junior questions)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    abw1989 said:
    Amaranth is purpleheart by another name:

https://www.wood-database.com/purpleheart/

Probably similar in feel to rosewood I'd have thought.
    @abw1989 Thank you for clearing that up, one of my English longbows had a purpleheart core and I never once heard it called Amaranth!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76 said:
    What would be the closest in feel to it please? Maple, Ebony or rosewood or does it have a feel all of its own?
    Questions like this make me worry about my guitarring skills.

I have been playing for over 30 years and I am confident that if you blindfolded me and gave me guitars with different fretboard materials I couldn't tell you which was which through normal playing.  They will all feel the same to me. 

Furthermore, assuming all the guitars were the same pickup configuration, if you plugged them into my usual rig, I'm pretty sure I still couldn't tell the difference because they'd all sound pretty much the same to me, too.

Sometimes it feels like everyone (well lots of people) experiences guitars in Technicolour(TM), whereas I just get them in black and white. 

And then I realise that none of this detracts from my enjoyment of what I'm doing and I get on with it, thankful of the fact that not being able to tell the difference between a 42mm nut and a 43.5mm nut isn't going to make a whole slew of guitars 'unplayable' for me.

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom