Fylde Falstaff in SW England

What's Hot

Hi all

This one is really just for UK resident members, and I asking for your help. I'm looking to buy a Fylde Falstaff in the future, but would love to hear one first - it's a lot of money! I live in Honiton, Devon and I'm hoping someone will see this and be prepared to let me come and listen to their guitar in real life. It is pointless listening on the web! I'm left handed, so I'm not asking to play it (unless there is someone left handed out there who has one - now that's a real longshot). I can drive about 100 miles each way, or travel to London by train, but that's about the limit, as I've been unwell with Lyme disease.

I had a long correspondence with Roger Bucknall of Fylde, who actually has one I could listen to, but, sadly, I'm just not up to the long trip to Penrith.

Thanks for looking, and I do hope someone can help me. Cheers, Rob
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    It might sound like the completely wrong solution to your problem but have you considered a guitar made by Brook Guitars?  They are based near you and you'd be able to take advantage of their legendary customer care and post purchase MOT's and all. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, earwig, my nextdoor neighbour and playing partner has 2 brooks, andthey are great, but not what I am looking for. Cheers, Rob
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Rob, have you ever heard of John Smith? He's a helluva good player, uses a Falstaff, is something of a Fylde ambassador... and he's playing Exeter on Oct 20. He also seems like a super-nice guy and I bet that if you contacted him he'd be totally happy to meet up for a few minutes after soundcheck for a natter about guitars. 

https://www.johnsmithjohnsmith.com/
  • KKJale said:
    Rob, have you ever heard of John Smith? He's a helluva good player, uses a Falstaff, is something of a Fylde ambassador... and he's playing Exeter on Oct 20. He also seems like a super-nice guy and I bet that if you contacted him he'd be totally happy to meet up for a few minutes after soundcheck for a natter about guitars. 

https://www.johnsmithjohnsmith.com/
    That seems like problem solved, i have an Alchemist Roger built for me 15 or so years ago fantastic guitar. I based in Shepton
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Hope that sorts it.
    Not sure my Fylde would be worth checking, being an early 70s Oberon.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • Thanks, KK and merciful. I think that is excellent. I know of John Smith, but didn't know he was playing Exeter.  Cheers Rob