SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

More Oil City pickups clearing out

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10459
edited September 2019 in Parts £ tFB Trader
Firewatch Dog Ear P90 bridge pickup black cover
New and unfitted. Unaligned alnico 5 mags, Potted or unpotted ... your choice.
Normally £67.00 plus postage
£50.00 Delivered SOLD

Masterwound Blackbird neck pickup,
short legs, clear bobbins, 50mm spaced, four conductor wired.
Normally £108.00 plus postage
£75.00 Delivered £65.00 delivered

Oil City Fortyniner Tele bridge pickup.
Classic early 'Broadcaster' style Tele pickup alnico 3
9k, black string wound with bare steel baseplate ... just like the first ones in 1949/50
Normally £63.00 plus delivery.
£50.00 delivered

Ex demo classic Oil City Jazz Bass bridge position pickup
with black cover
£45.00 delivered £40.00 Delivered

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10459
    tFB Trader
    Bump
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Any Strat pickups you're looking to clear out Ash?
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    tFB Trader
    'l take a look tomorrow :-)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    Is the Jazz bass pickup standard output, plastic or cloth wires? 
    tFB Trader
    Koa said:
    Is the Jazz bass pickup standard output, plastic or cloth wires? 
    Standard output and cloth wires ... though if you wanted plastic we can easily swap those for you.

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Hi mate, could you tell me a bit more about the Firewatch P90 please? I’m after something that’ll go from Blues/blues rock to hard rock. How would that pickup deal with the hard rock side of things? I don’t mind a bit of squeal so unpotted would probably be my choice unless you would advise otherwise? Many thanks in advance for your reply.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    edited September 2019 tFB Trader
    zepp76 said:
    Hi mate, could you tell me a bit more about the Firewatch P90 please? I’m after something that’ll go from Blues/blues rock to hard rock. How would that pickup deal with the hard rock side of things? I don’t mind a bit of squeal so unpotted would probably be my choice unless you would advise otherwise? Many thanks in advance for your reply.
    The Firewatch is a pretty classic 50s style P90 (and has turned up regularly on @IvisonGuitars LP Junior models). It's gutsy and growling with a nice sparkle on the top end. The unaligned magnets help the 'vintage' warmth and stop the top end from being scratchy. If you are not going silly on gain unpotted should be fine (not recommended for full on metal).
    Ash

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    zepp76 said:
    The Firewatch is a pretty classic 50s style P90 (and has turned up regularly on @IvisonGuitars LP Junior models). It's gutsy and growling with a nice sparkle on the top end. The unaligned magnets help the 'vintage' warmth and stop the top end from being scratchy. If you are not going silly on gain unpotted should be fine (not recommended for full on metal).
    Ash
    Hi Ash,

That sounds just about right for what I’m looking for. I’ll take it please, if you could let me know how you want paying I’ll sort it out. Thanks.

Edit: unpotted please!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    tFB Trader
    Bump and price reduction

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Just thought I’d jump in here as Ash kindly tagged me, here’s a very quick vid of my latest build with an Oil City Firewatch P90:

https://youtu.be/JRllnmSMFR4
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    my latest build with an Oil City Firewatch P90:
    Pickup and guitar compliment each other very well. I particularly like the variations that the volume control and playing dynamics bring. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    Oil City Fortyniner Tele bridge pickup.
    Classic early 'Broadcaster' style Tele pickup alnico 3
    9k, black string wound with bare steel baseplate ... just like the first ones in 1949/50
    Normally £63.00 plus delivery.
    £50.00 delivered
    Did this one eventually sell?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.